Trying To Start A New Chapter

"But I don't want you to go."

"I know baby but, it will just be for a little while. Not like last time." Zephyr started crying and instead of rushing to her mother, she ran to her room and shut the door.

"Zephyr!" Astrid gave up and rubbed her temples.

"I will speak to her."

"Thanks, Valka, because I don't think she even wants to see me."

Valka goes into the girls' room and sees Zephyr lying in bed sobbing.

"Zephyr?"

"Grandma? Grandma, she is leaving again." She started crying.

"Oh, darling. Listen, it will be for a little while."

"But what will happen then? She is going to want to stay and maybe move back. I want to stay here."

"And we want you to stay. Both of you. Your mother also wants to stay."

"Why does she have to go if Ingrid is not being so mean anymore."

"Because there is something else your mother has to take care of. She will never want to leave you."

"Okay."

Meanwhile, Astrid was in her room with Heather.

"If this is how she reacted with this, how will she react with the news of us moving to my old place?"

"You moving out is one thing, but you going to Roley for 2 weeks is another."

"I know but Zephyr reacts to changes. After the trip from Pittsburg to here, she has been more afraid of both of us separating and becoming distant. All of this, everything proves it." She then lays on her bed frustrated. 

"It's not your fault and I don't blame her. I mean, you have been coming and going so much because of all of this and then you and Hiccup have been together making her be so afraid of losing what you two had before you came."

"Are you saying we are better off  alone than here with..."

"No Astrid you are misunderstanding the point. She is afraid of becoming estranged. Estranged from you."

Astrid then realized what her friend meant. Looks like she has to start from the very beginning.

***

"Zephyr? Zephyr?"

"Astrid?"

"Oh, Iduna have you seen Zephyr?"

"Yes. She and Malarie are in the backyard."

"Okay."

"Astrid before you go after her there is something you need to see."

"What?"

"Here?" She gave her an envelope that had an address and that address was to her house.

"It came after you moved out."

The envelope had letters, but letters from old friends sending me their condolences.

"These are amazing."

"I'll let you look at them at your own time." Iduna left Astrid on the dining table to finish dinner. 

"Mommy."