Secrets Revealed

Zephyr was done brushing her teeth and had her pajamas on. Everyone was already in their rooms but Astrid called her down to come to the living room.

"Yes, mom."

"Hey, Hiccup wants to tell you something." Zephyr sat down on the sofa nervously after her mother left to the kitchen and then listened.

"Listen I know you are still a little shaken about what happened."

"That's okay. I feel better now and thanks for letting Toothless stay with me."

"No problem. So Zephyr, your mother told me that you wanted to see the ocean."

"Yeah, I always wanted to see it for myself and have my own pictures."

"Really? Then I was thinking about helping out with that."

"Really? How?"

"If I take you, your mother, and our friends to the beach this weekend and you can take all the pictures you like."

"You're going to take me to the sea?"

"If you want to." Zephyr was so happy that she jumped for joy and for the first time, she jumped on Hiccup to give him a huge hug. Hiccup froze for a bit but returned it. Little did the two know that Astrid and Heather were watching. Astrid was so moved and excited because it has been a while that she has been out in the sea. The moment was interrupted when the phone rang and Heather ran to get it. 

"Oh of course, (whispered) Astrid."

"Thanks," she left to go outside on the porch, "Yes? Oh hi."

"Astrid this is me how are you doing?"

"We are doing just fine, better to be more specific."

"Good, listen. A court hearing is now scheduled for next week but something popped up and it will affect how things will go."

"Really, how?"

"It turns out your former husband already had plans for his daughter and the script was found in his records."

"What?! I was not aware of any of this. But when she was born he made it clear to not have anything to do with her."

"I understand which is why we have to meet before the court hearing. I will email you the information you need. Okay?"

"Okay, thank you." All she could do was lean against the wall and let quiet tears fall. 

Meanwhile, inside the house, Zephyr and Hiccup were talking and having a good time. She wasn't even tired at all. 

"When I went to your house, I saw a notebook and there was a sketch of a leg made of metal."

"Oh, that. It was for something I needed."

"You?"

"Yeah, well I think you should probably go to bed. You seem pretty drowsy."

"Okay (yawns) but where is momma."

"Outside I'll go get her and she will meet you in your room. Okay."

"Okay." Zephyr left upstairs and went into her room while Hiccup went out to find Astrid sitting on one of the chairs. 

"Astrid?"

"Oh, Hiccup. It... its"

"Hey, there is no problem. I wanted to do her a favor. And you as well." Astrid simply smiled but then started to sob and tears were coming down like waterfalls.
"Astrid is everything alright?"
She took a deep breath and just told him what the attorney told her. All Hiccup could do was hold her in his arms and he kissed her head.