It's over

It was time for Astrid to leave for the jury. Hopefully for the last time. This was the day that the decision was going to be final.

"I just hope this goes by quickly."

"We all do."

"You know this is going to be better than before."

"How so?"

"Well, first of all I will be in full company. Well except for Hiccup who had to work."

"Yes but we are all right here giving you our support."

"Yeah. The only problem to all of this is how early we had to wake up and in order to wake the girls..."

"Right but they can continue to sleep in the car." Iduna and Astrid met with everyone else downstairs who were ready to go to the capital, hopefully for the last time.

Astrid

The ride was not extremely quiet but quiet enough to let the girls sleep. Iduna left the business with the twins and Eret. She says they are responsible enough but I am still personally glad that she left Eret in charge of managing it while she is gone for the day. It was still dark, but the street lights made it entertaining.

"Mmhmm, mom."

"Malarie? Hey baby."

"Are we there yet?"

"No, I'll wake you until we do. Okay."

"Okay."

"She tends to wake easily."

"Aww. So does she have trouble sleeping?"

"Not as much as before. What about Zephyr?"

"Oh she is the opposite, she is a heavy sleeper." We arrived at the hotel and we got installed. Zephyr woke up and I told her that she has to stay with Iduna while I go the attorney's office to get ready.

***

Astrid arrived at her attorney's office and she was well received as usual.

"Well, this is where we see what ends up happening." 

"Yes, but the results of the social worker did it all. She gave out good results and hopefully the system has common sense into what is the right thing to do."

"That is what worries me the most." Both women go to the courtroom along with everyone in the family who sat in the audience.

"All rise."

"Okay let's begin. Miss Hofferson you have met the social worker and her report seemed positive. I have made my decision to NOT follow the will of the deceased. There will be no foster parenting transmits necessary. You miss Hofferson, have all the power to decide where all that money goes to."

"If I may your honor. I would like to state my wishes for all of that," Astrid said suddenly as she stood up from her seat. The judge nodded in approval for her to continue.

"The will has stated that some of that was to go to his partner. I give my full permission to let her have that money, and the same thing goes for his mother. However, that money that was to go to my child and to the foster parents, none of that will be received from me or her. I want that to go somewhere else because we...she doesn't need it. No disrespect to the deceased, but my daughter doesn't need anything from a man who was no father to her and unfortunately to me, became a stranger. We already have what that money could give us materially but, we have more than what that money could never get us. No money could've given us what we have now."