First Day But Feels Like Forever

Astrid POV

"Okay, all you have to do is to lift the lid and place it next to the hive and remove the covers from the frames. Then we add the smoke."

"And I am guessing that that is what is supposed to make it easier to collect."

"Right!" 

Heather was showing me how to do everything and what happened this morning didn't distract me at all. It was a nice atmosphere and Iduna was more of a mother than a boss and that is why we are so close. It explains why mom left me in her care along with Valka. We were on our lunch break and I decided to eat my lunch at a log nearby, Heather joined in.

"He came by this morning."

"No. Really? I bet to apologize."

"Oh, he apologized alright. But I wouldn't call it a full apology."

"What do you mean?" I told her everything that happened that morning and she knows about the sunflower.

"Yeah, who can forget how he would come almost every night and never without a sunflower. He knew those were your favorite."

"Yeah he knew, and still remembers."

Flashback

"Hey, Astrid." I heard a whisper from my window then suddenly a sunflower appears on my windowsill.

"Hey. What are you doing here now? I said yes."

"Yeah, I know. Here's the thing though, I can still come by and throw you sunflowers."

"As if it wouldn't be so obvious, I really wanted you to ask me. I was beginning to wonder what was taking you so long?" He gave a chuckle and then started climbing. I was beginning to worry because all there was to hold on to was, well, the edge of my window. He managed to hold on to it and kept his feet stable on the bricks sticking out from the wall below. He stood tall and even though there was no full moon, I could still see his face and his green eyes shining. "I didn't want to..um..scare you or rush you. I was afraid that you didn't feel what I felt." I rolled my eyes at that and brought him to a kiss and it was sweet and long but that was interrupted when I heard a 'woah'. It was him who was beginning to lose his balance. We also had to keep quiet because everyone was asleep. 

"Shhhhh," I said with a giggle. "You should probably go."

"Yeah. Sleep well."

"I will, goodnight."

"Goodnight."

He left and I couldn't stop smiling as I put the sunflower in the pot with the other ones. This one was special, I guess I say that about all of them. 

End of Flashback

End of Flashback

"Time for the jars. Eret can you check to see the deliveries that need to be done."