Catching Up

Astrid POV

"Malarie, I want you to meet Astrid, she is an old friend of mine."

"Hi miss Astrid."

"Hi, nice to meet you. How old are you?

"Six."

"Really, I have a daughter who is your exact same age. She is sleeping right now."

"Cool, I have someone to play with over the summer."

"Actually Malarie, they are going to live with us."

"Even better, hey I should get started on a present."

"Aww, she will love that thank you."

With that, Malarie left her room with a smile on her face

With that, Malarie left her room with a smile on her face. "Well," Iduna suddenly said, "I should get dinner ready. Oh Valka, will we be doing it on your patio?"

"Yes, it's our turn anyway. I should also let Stoik and Gobber know to have the best wine of all of them ready. This requires something special!"

"I will go phone everyone and invite them over," Elsa said with excitement.

"I will go to town, I have to meet Fred. I will tell him there," Heather added.

Everyone was gone and all that was left in the room was me and Moana.

"Moana, your daughter is gorgeous."

"Thank you, she looks a lot like her father

"Thank you, she looks a lot like her father."

"I don't mean to sound rood, but what happened?"

Moana was silent for a moment but then said, "when Malarie was 2, there was a call from the station calling to let us know that the boathouse was on fire. Even though he was able to save a few things, he wasn't able to save himself. We have been living with Iduna ever since."

"I am so sorry."

"That's okay, I can openly talk about it now. I remind Malarie every day about him. Long story short, I finished my Photography career and now I work like one. I even have my own gallery."