Not A Chapter But A New Book

Astrid woke up with energy and felt like everything was now, normal. She gets out of bed and goes to her daughter's room and sees her baby girl sleeping soundly. She goes downstairs and starts to make her cup of morning coffee.

Astrid POV

It's been 3 long months since everything and things have gone better. By that, I mean that my house is finally done and everything was perfect. Well almost perfect, we still have to do the basement and have it look better than creepy and depressing. I was in Zephyr's room fixing up her wardrobe, not only because she is growing, but because the school year will start soon and we are sorting out the clothes we went shopping for. 

These aren't the only changes going on around here. I decided to go to school and become an early childhood education teacher. I still work for Iduna and honestly, there is nothing that can replace my time in the honey business. It was perfect and even though this is a major change for me, I am still here and nothing will make me go away.

I do miss Ingrid sometimes, and even though she is gone, I'm glad we made up before she left. At least I can stay at peace with that. Today we plan to have dinner here at my place and I am getting everything ready.

''I love this dress auntie Elsa made for me mom.''

''Yeah, it is very pretty. Okay, let's put these in the drawer and we should be getting ready for everyone to arrive.''

''Okay. Will everyone be here?''

''Yeah, why?''

''Because I haven't seen Hiccup in a while."

"Well he is back now and we will all have an excellent time."

Everything was all set and ready and it wasn't until everyone arrived one after the other. 

"Hey, Astrid."

"Yeah?"

"All of this brings back so many memories. Have you seen the tree?"

"Heather, why are you asking? That is a very personal question and very personal memories do come to mind."

"Yeah, not to mention that you two have been spending a lot of time together but at the same time, one of you seems to want more than that."

"What do you mean by that? Yeah, we have been together and he has been very good with Zephyr."

"Astrid, wake up. Don't you think he wants more than just being there for you?"

"He is already my boyfriend."

"I know but think about this. He bought this house for you, he kept bringing you sunflowers, which I think is a memorable gesture. He also became more like a father to little Zephyr."

"Well here's the thing. Dr. Haddock for now is my boyfriend and has done so much for us. However, I rather not give myself any ideas."

"Yeah, oh prince charming is here."

"How old are you?"

"Just playing around." I left Heather with her silly ideas and went to greet Hiccup.

"Where have you been?"

"You know the answer to that?"

"Sure. Hey can we go somewhere, I'd like to talk to you about something."

"Sure." 

***

"I was not expecting to hear that."

"Yeah. Thankfully it's just for a few hours and I'll be home before nighttime."

"At least they tell you 3 weeks in advance."