Chapter Nine: The Big Bad Klaus

Bulgaria, 1490

Kathrine was laying on a bed screaming as she gave birth. Her mother was getting ready for the baby and looked up at her daughter. "A little more, dearest... a little more. Push!" She pleaded. Kathrine pushed one more time and then there was the cry of a baby.

Her mother wrapped the tiny child in a blanket smiling. "It's a girl." She announced. Kathrine was panting, her eyes closed, sweat covered her entire body. She opened her eyes turning to her mother.

"Please mother, let me see her." She begged. As her mother took a step towards her, to give her the baby Katherine's father yelled. "Woman, don't! What are you doing?" She stopped in her tracks. Glancing from her husband to her daughter. She nervously walked towards him, placing the baby in his arms.

"Please... Just let me hold her once.... Just once.... At least once." Kathrine pleaded trying to see her baby before her father sent the small child away forever. All she wanted was to hold her, just once. Yes she had the baby out of wedlock, but it was still her child. It was still her baby girl.

"Forget it! You have disgraced this family!" He looked at her like she was crazy, before turning around and walking out of the room with the child in his arms. "No, father... No!" She yelled desperately trying to get him to change his mind. Kathrine's mother quickly ran over to her, with tears in her eyes. "No Katerina. It's better for her."

Kathrine was still trying to get to her daughter. "No, mother, please..." Her mother wrapped her arms around her, hugging her tightly. "Let her go...let her go, Katerina." Kathrine made one last attempt to plead with her mother, for her to do something, anything. "Please, mama..." All she could do was try and console her daughter, who was heartbroken over the loss of her child.

Boarding House: Third Person Point Of View

Elena knocked on the front door, only to be greeted with a smirking Damon. "Is Stefan here? He called, said it was important." She asked him ignoring his theatrics. His smirk turned into a smile, before he rolled his eyes. "Right this way." As he moves for her to enter, she gave him a small smile.

The door closed and she met Stefan awkwardly in the hallway. "Hey." He gave her a smile. She turned to him, her hands nervously rubbing circles behind her back. "What is this about?" She asked, worried about his response. Something didn't sound right when he called her this morning.

"It's easier if you just follow me." He turned around and started walking towards the living room. Once Elena saw Rosa she stopped in her tracks. "You." She looked to Stefan betrayed. "What is she doing here?"

Now you may not know what is going on so, let me catch you up.

The Forbes Residence: Rose Point Of View

I had gotten up early this morning with Rosa and headed to the Salvatore house. Once I knocked on the door I was met with an annoyed Damon, how lovely. Once he was aware of Rosa's existence behind me, his entire body tensed. "Damon, she has information, and she's my friend. You think of doing anything to her, I'll kill you." He glances from her to me with a sarcastic chuckle. "You want me to not kill her? She just kidnapped Elena!"

I sighed turning to Rosa shaking my head. "He is hopelessly in love with Kathrine's doppelganger, who, as you know is a complete bitch. He is also in a mood today, feel free to knock him on his ass if he annoys you." She smiled before looking Damon up and down. I turned back to him and grin. "Can we come in now?" I asked in a chirpy voice. He groaned before moving to the side so that we could come in.