Chapter Eight: Kidnapped

Abandoned House In The Middle Of Nowhere: Rose Point Of View

When I woke up, I didn't open my eyes. I wasn't completely sure what had happened so far, so I was currently listening to Rosemarie and Elena's conversation. Elena was wondering where she was and why they took her, while the five-hundred-year-old vampire was getting annoyed at all of her questions.

I waited until I heard the loud slap, which indicated that she had hit Elena, knocking her unconscious. "I want you to be quiet!" She yelled in frustration. Elena had obviously gotten on her nerves within the short amount of time that she was awake. I'm beginning to think that annoying people is Elena's hobby that she has perfected since she was young.

"She never shuts up. You'll learn that quickly and get annoyed by it even quicker." I announced opening my eyes. Her head snapped in my direction, her eyes wide with confusion. "I injected you with enough vervain to keep you out for hours. How are you awake?"

I turned my head to the left looking at her with a smile. "Hello Rosemarie. I'm Caroline Forbes, it's nice to finally meet you." Her face paled as she looked at me with horror. She slowly took a few steps backwards, never taking her eyes off of me. "Trever!" She yelled, her voice cracking.

In a matter of seconds, he was in the room glancing from me to his best friend before speeding in front of her. His arm was outstretched in front of her protectively. I almost felt bad for scaring them.

To them I was an unknown woman, that vervain doesn't affect -because I'm conscious- that knew who they were. I'm sure thousands of different thoughts went through her mind as to who I was. They had contacted Elijah, the same person they had been running from for over five hundred years, besides Niklaus of course. They were on edge.

None the less, I rolled my eyes, sitting up on the sofa. "I have heard a lot about the two people that went against Niklaus and Elijah five hundred years ago. I'm impressed really. You were able to run from them for so long without daylight rings." I began, glancing down to my hand where my ring still sat snuggly on my pointer finger.

Trever sped towards me, grabbing my throat. Before he could lift me up of the ground, I grab his wrist, twisting it until I heard it snap. He grunted in pain, and I look to the left of him at Rosemarie. "I came here to talk. If either of you try something again, I will kill you. Got it?" She just stared at me silently before nodding her head.

I loosened my grip on Trever's wrist, and he sped to the other side of the room, staring daggers at me. I sat back down, leaning against the tattered sofa. The color was worn, and there were holes in the arms of it.

"You know Klaus?" She asked, confident in her tone, but I could see the fear in her eyes. "Maybe; maybe not." Rosemarie glances at Trever before taking another step forward. "Who are you? How did you overpower me?" He asked irritated. "Like I said to Rosemarie. I'm Caroline Forbes." I smiled. My calm attitude was making them nervous.

"How did you overpower Trever? How old are you?" She repeated his question trying to get as much information as possible. "I overpowered Trever because I'm older than him." I knew that they had already guessed, I was older. By telling them this, it doesn't really answer their questions.

Rosemarie wanted to know if I knew Niklaus. I didn't tell her if I did. I let the fear in their minds fester. By answering their question about who I was and how I overpowered Trever, this would make them think that they could not only get the information from me, but they would have to collaborate with me to get the knowledge they so desperately wanted.

This way, they would not only fear me for not knowing who I was, or who I was working for, but they would listen to me, and not kill me. I knew that I was more powerful that Caroline should be, but I wasn't certain that I could take on vampires that are older and stronger than Kathrine. I needed to be cautious, without them realizing that they have the upper hand.