Chapter Twenty three: Betrayed

Phoebe Point Of View:

I felt all of my magic return at once. Grabbing my chest tears welled up in my eyes. "What's wrong?" Nik held my shoulders as I held my chest in pain. "Rose. Something happened to Rose." My breathing quickened, and my hands started shaking.

Someone had broken my blood barrier. Something had happened with Esther. Did she break it? She said that everything was okay. That everything was under control. I quickly portaled to where I felt her. The scene that I saw made me burst into tears.

Her body was laying on the floor, lifeless. Falling to me knees, I quickly put my hands on her, trying desperately to revive her. Maybe at least feel a small part of her, but there was nothing.

"Good job, my son." Esther told Elijah as anger boiled in my heart. A large burst of energy hit both of them. Throwing them through the wall. I followed Esther outside of the house, picking her up with my mind. "You killed her!" I yelled, and within seconds her head exploded.

I turned to go after Elijah, but quickly stopped when I sensed Rose's magic. Without a second thought I quickly followed it which lead me back to our house in the real world. She laid on the floor in her actual body tears in her eyes and her magic faint. "Rose!" I yelled grabbing her shoulder to make sure that she was okay.

I head her body close to mine. "You'll be okay. I promise." I pulled her closer to me using my magic to slowly heal whatever damage they had done. "I killed her." I told her hoping that it would somehow help the pain. "You'll be okay..."

Dear Readers, 

You read till the last chapter of The New Caroline Forbes! I will be continuing this in my second book "Original Madness" that will be on my page very soon. Thank you for reading and comment how you felt about the ending.

-Author

Word Count: 290

3/14/2023