Chapter Eighteen: A Stupid Deal

By the time we got back, Liz was already asleep. It was dark outside, and Kathrine was on edge. Phoebe ended up telling her what happened, while I went in my room and flopped on the bed. This was not the way I wanted to meet Klaus.

"I hope everything went well." I heard someone speak up from the other side of the room. My eyes shot open and in three swift moves I grabbed the dagger under my pillow, stood up, and threw the dagger in the direction of the voice.

"Elijah!" I yelled, realizing who it was. "You can't just sneak up on a girl like that! I could have killed you!" I spoke quickly, slightly embarrassed.

If you haven't already guessed, he caught the knife with ease. However, I didn't miss the slight smirk on his face as he did. "My apologies, Rose. It wasn't my intention to intrude. I had a few questions about what had happened at Elena's house, among other things." He answered with a smile. I stood silently trying to figure out which was the best course of option when someone opened my door.

"Hey, Rose did you hear something..." Her voice trailed off as she saw Elijah. "Get out!" I yelled, using my magic to push her out and close the door, before spelling the room. I didn't want her to know about what happened at Elena's house.

Turning my attention back to Elijah, he stood there smug. I stormed over to him, grabbing my dagger out of his hands. Of course, he caught it! What was I thinking? I have powers and my first thought was to throw a knife?

"I also wanted to make sure my brother didn't do anything." He spoke up again after I re-sheathed the dagger, putting it back under my pillow.

I sighed, turning to face him. "He wouldn't have done anything." I told him with a sigh. "He's possessing Alaric's body; if he didn't let us take her, he would blow his cover and lose the element of surprise." I sat on my bed, putting my head in my hands. "What were your questions?"

________________________________________

The next day, I woke up with a cheesy smile on my face. Today was the day that Niklaus's chapter finally started. I know I met him last night to save Kathrine, but that was different! I waited for something to try and ruin my happy moment, but nothing happened. No one called. No one screamed. Phoebe didn't wake me up with water. This was suspicious.

I walked to my door slowly opening it. When I saw nothing, I quietly walk down the hallway, towards the living room. Still nothing. 'Phoebe, where are you?'

She didn't respond. Why wouldn't she answer? Was she pranking me again? That idea wasn't far-fetched; we pranked each other all the time. I knew that she couldn't get hurt because of my spell, so I had nothing to worry about. Right?

I thought on it for a minute. That didn't mean that she wasn't doing something stupid. Now fully out of my happy mood, I walked back into my room, grabbing my phone off of the nightstand. "Where is my sister?" I asked, hoping that the two weren't together.

"Phoebe? I haven't seen her since last night." Kathrine spoke with confusion. I hung up, scrolling through my contacts before calling Rosa. "Do you know where my sister is?" I asked, slightly irritated. What was my sister up to now?

"She's here at the house. Damon is making her pancakes." Rosa chuckled. My eyes went wide, she exploited the fact that Damon was oblivious to our deal to own advantage! "I'll be there in a few minutes." I told her, already walking out of the house.

When I arrived, Rosa was waiting for me by the front door. As I walked past her, and into the house I felt a chill go through my entire body. I didn't think much of it as my main focus was Damon's pancakes. "Damon!" I yelled, storming into the living room. He walked into living room confused. "How could you!" I began scolding him, before he could say anything.