Prologue

My name is Rose Amari, and I live in Great Britain with my little sister Phoebe. Witches have been in our bloodline for centuries; I learned from my mother -she was a very powerful witch- how to use my powers. My little sister on the other hand doesn't want anything to do with witchcraft, even though she had thousands of books about the supernatural.

I love magic, it makes me feel more connected to our mother. She died seven months ago. It hit my sister harder than me, they were like two peas in a pod. After she died, Phoebe got depressed and never went out, which made me worry.

I couldn't stand there and watch my little sister be so depressed, so I went to the store. I bought all of her favorite foods, desserts, anything, and everything that I could think of to cheer her up.

Once I had gotten home, I decided to order pizza. After setting everything up in the living room, I walked down the hallway to her room with a smile on my face. Knocking on the door, I stayed positive "Hey, Phoebe. Can you come out here for a minute?" I asked, my voice calm.

She didn't answer me, which was normal, but because I needed to get her out of her depressed state, I opened her door anyway. "Alright, look. You can either come out of this bedroom kicking and screaming or you can simply walk out and sit on the couch." She was in the same spot on her bed like she had been for the last couple of months.

I walked in trying to get her attention, but she still didn't look at me. I was about to drag her out into the living room when she got up off her bed and dragged herself out the door. "If this is a talk about how you signed me up for something because I'm not social." She began, her face scrunched up in anger.

I smiled because this was the first time that she had said a full sentence to me in weeks. "You're my little sister, Phoebe. Now I may not like how you're becoming a hermit, but that's how you're coping. Mom died. I'm not expecting you to act like nothing happened. I just miss spending time with you, you're all I have left." I explained, sitting down next to her.

She looked up from her lap smiling, but then started crying. I opened my arms, and she quickly hugged me. It broke me to see how much pain she was in. I still haven't fully coped with our mother dying. Although I don't think I ever will. It's not something you can easily get rid of; you just slowly learn to deal with it.

We sat like that for a few minutes, as she needed to let it out. Suddenly she stopped crying and pulled away. "Thank you for not pushing me out of my comfort zone." She said gratefully. "Of course." Like clockwork the doorbell rang. The Pizza was here.

Phoebe looked towards the door, then to the table, and finally back to me. "Who's that?" She asked as I got up giggling. "Pizza." I responded. The smile on her face grew as she realized what I was doing.

I walked over to the table grabbing the money from my purse. When I answered the door, the guy smiled. "Fifteen, Twenty-five." I gave him the money and when I came back, I saw Phoebe was going through the bags of stuff I had gotten from the store earlier. When she saw me, she put the bags down, quickly explaining.

"I was going to get plates, but then I saw the snacks." I laughed, setting the pizza boxes on the counter. We decided that were going to watch something new whether it was a movie or a Tv show.

I grabbed a box of pizza and hopped on the couch while Phoebe grabbed the remote after putting the snacks on the table in front of us. She handed me the remote and I put it on Netflix. As we scrolled through the endless tv shows, Phoebe stopped on one. "What if we watch Stranger Things?" I shook my head. "I want to watch something that we haven't seen before."

She crossed her arms while mumbling, "Stranger Things is better than anything that you're going to find." A few minutes later we were still scrolling. She had watched everything! I guess I finally found out what she was doing for the last couple of months, she was watching everything on Netflix!

I shook my head in amazement. "The Vampire Diaries!" She yelled in desperation. I sighed looking up at the tv before looking to her disbelievingly. "The Vampire Diaries? Are you sure that this isn't something that you have already watched?" She shook her head. "I haven't! Can we watch it? Please." She begged.

I thought about it for a moment, she really wanted to watch this. "How about this, we watch the trailer and then we can decide, deal?" She grabbed the remote out of my hand. "Deal." She clicked the trailer and after a couple minutes it was done, it was more interesting than I thought, so we decided to watch it.

Two Years Later

I was in my bedroom practicing water magic when I heard glass shatter. I stopped what I was doing and ran into the kitchen. I saw milk spilled, a plate broken with food on the floor, and a tub of ice-cream on the counter; and guess who was standing in the middle of all of it. Phoebe.

"What in the bloody hell are you doing?" I explained in irritation. She quickly turned around and looked at me with the biggest smile on her face. "The Vampire Diaries marathon is on for the entire 1st – 4th season! There already at the end of the season one!" She yelled in excitement.

Ever sense that night two years ago she has been obsessed with it. I remember that night, we stayed up until five in the morning watching the entire first season. Oh, how I hated my life when I had to go to work the next day. We ended up watching the entire show in two months.

I stood there shaking my head at her, she was getting so excited about watching it again even though this is probably the thousandth time she has watched it. I'm not going to lie I did re-watch the whole eight seasons again, but I was nowhere near as bad as her.

"Alright, take your ice-cream and go watch it. I'll clean up this up." I said, waving my hand at her. Her eyes went wide with excitement. "Really!?" She asks. I nodded and she squealed. "Thank you, thank you, thank you!"

It took me about a half an hour to clean up everything. When I was done, I went back to my room. I was already practicing my water magic, so I thought that it would be a clever idea to practice teleportation. It was one thing I hadn't really mastered.

I can teleport objects anywhere around the world, but I wanted to do something different. That's when an idea popped into my head. Why not try and teleport myself somewhere. I got all the ingredients I needed for the spell, with a grin on my face.

Normally I don't need anything for a teleportation spell, but I'm a person not and object so I don't want to accidently kill myself. I started the spell and thought about where I wanted to go. Paris, France. My entire body felt tingly and then I heard Phoebe squeal which caught my attention, and I passed out.

Word count: 1300

Updated: 12/23/2022