Chapter Seventeen: Isobel Returns

I was currently standing outside with Kathrine, Rosa, and Phoebe, as we watched Damon get his ass kicked by Enzo. Don't get me wrong; I have grown to like Damon. Probably because of Rosa, but the enjoyment that I was getting from watching Enzo beat Damon to a pulp was amazing.

"You feel better now?" I asked as Enzo walked away from Damon who was hyperventilating on the ground. He scoffed at me as if what I had said was funny. "Not even close."

Rosa ran over to Damon immediately, a look of concern on her face as she bent down to check on him. After we told her what Damon had done, she understood why they had to fight, but that didn't mean she agreed. She loved him.

Kathrine followed Enzo back into the Boarding House while I crossed my arms, focusing my attention on Rosa and Damon. "You're lucky I care about you, Damon. When I broke him out, he was hell-bent on killing you." He looked up at me unimpressed.

"Well thank you for being so concerned." He responded sarcastically. Rosa helped him up while I turned to my left hoping to ask Phoebe when we would go out for lunch. She had asked me a few days ago if we could just go and relax, maybe get something to eat. "Hey Phoebe-" When I turned my head to look at where she was, she was gone.

'Phoebe? Where did you go?' I asked her through our mind link. 'I'm going to get Enzo a phone.' I heard her say only a few seconds later. Sighing, I realized that I was the only person still outside. Turning around, I started walking back to the house when my phone started to ring.

Stopping in place, I took it out of my pocket only to see Jenna's name pop up on the screen. "Hey, Jenna. What's up?" I brought the phone to my ear, slightly curious as to why she was calling me.

"I know were not close, but..." A loud sob came through the line. She was crying. Why was she crying? "Jenna, what's wrong? Did something happen?" I asked quickly, hoping that nothing serious had happened. "Elena, she.... Did you know?" She asked, completely heartbroken.

I quickly thought about the events that should have taken place, something that would have made her cry. Sadly, after thinking for a few moments nothing was coming to mind. "I have no idea what you're talking about. Try to calm down; remember to breathe.... Where are you?"

"My h-house." She stutters, before another sob came through the line. "Alright, Jenna. Listen to me, okay? Lay down on your back and put your hands above your head. Then take deep breaths until I get there. Okay?"

All I heard was a mumbled, 'Okay.' before I hung up. I quickly sped into the Boarding House which got everyone's attention. "I have to go. Rosa don't kill Kathrine. Enzo don't destroy the house. If you two need to fight, take it outside. Phoebe will be back with Enzo's phone. Don't kill each other before I get back!"

After quickly ordering them, I sped out of the house and ran as quickly as I could to Jenna. When I arrived, I heard Elena yell. "Jenna, please. Open the door!" I sped into the house stopping right in front of her. When she saw me, she screeched, and tried to hit me.

I quickly grabbed her wrist before it could reach my face and whispered so Jenna didn't hear me. "If you're the reason she called me balling her eyes out. You're going to wish you were never born."

When I let go of her wrist she fell to the ground and held it in pain. I turned to the door softly knocking. "Jenna? Can you please open the door? I don't know what happened, but I'll try and make you feel better." I was hoping that she would open the door. The last thing I needed to do was break the lock.

I could still hear her heart beating out of her chest, but I couldn't hear her crying anymore, so hopefully she was calming down. The door opened and before I could get a word out, she pulled me into the room locking the door behind me.