Chapter Fifteen: The Dinner Party

I was woken up by Phoebe, who was shaking my shoulders. I ignored her attempts to wake me up and after a few minutes she left. I rolled over, getting more comfortable when I heard my door open again. I had a bad feeling.

I quickly sped to the other side of the room in just enough time to see her pour a bucket of what I can only imagine is cold water right where I just was.

She smirked before looking at my bed confused. "I let you meet Elijah last night, against my better judgment, and this is how you repay me?" I whispered from behind her.

She shrieked turning around, punching me in the face. I grabbed my nose in pain as her eyes went wide. "I'm sorry, Rose. It was an instinct! You know it doesn't matter who's behind me, if they scare me, they get punched." She tried to justify punching me in the face.

I shook my head. If I weren't a vampire, I would be drenched in cold water and have a broken nose. "Alright, I'll forgive you for that. Now let's get back to you trying to drench me in water." I reminded her with an evil smile.

She smiled at me before running down the hallway and out the front door. I followed her as she ran into town, completely forgetting about my vampire speed. Everyone that we passed looked at us as if to ask, 'are they crazy?' and I couldn't blame them.

Both of us were in pajamas and were running down the street with crazed expressions. This was definitely not one of my best moments. I knew my sister, which meant she was going to be out of breath soon, and then I could use that to my advantage.

Just like I said she started to slow down, and I caught up to her. We were in the town square. Just as I was about to grab her shoulder she started running again. This time, she ran into the Grill.

I followed closely behind, only for her to stop in her tracks. I ran up to her and saw her staring at something. I followed her line of vision and see Damon, Rosa, Jenna, Elijah, and Ric sitting at a table talking about something.

Why was Phoebe just staring at them?... Right, she hasn't met anyone other than Ric, Rosa, and Elijah. She must be too excited to see them.

The next thing I knew Phoebe had my arm and was pulling me towards them. "Caroline, Phoebe, what are you doing here in... pajamas?" Ric asked confused. This had gotten everyone's attention, so I decided to explain.

"To anyone who doesn't know, this is my sister Phoebe. As to why we are here not even looking half decent is because my lovely sister," I said motioning to Phoebe.

"Decided that she was going to dump a bucket of cold water on me to wake me up. Unfortunately for her I got up in time and chased her down to the grill; where I decided to say 'hi' to all of you."

Damon stood up, walking around the booth with a grin. "Hello, Phoebe. I'm Da-" Before he could continue, she took a step forward with a grin. "Damon Salvatore." He smiled, obviously amused. "I finally get to meet you. Your sister wouldn't let me when you arrived." He gave me a knowing look.

"What were you guys talking about?" I asked, trying to change the subject. The last thing I needed was Damon opening his mouth about how she appeared in my living room out of a blinding light.

"Were hosting a dinner party, tonight." Damon walked back to his booth with a grin. I didn't have to look in her direction to know that Phoebe was already looking at me, hoping that we could go.

I shook my head. "No." She grabbed my arm, begging. "I was wrong about trying to dump water on you this morning. Let me go, please!" I shook my head again, standing firm in my decision. So many things could go wrong, and we already know that Elijah is going to be daggered.