Chapter Twelve: Free Day

I was once again woken up by Damon. Yay me. I groaned, turning away from him as he continued to ramble on about something. After a couple minutes of his continued rambling, I grabbed one of my pillows and threw it at him. "Get out." He easily caught the pillow that I so aggressively threw at him with his signature smirk.

"No, Caroline. It's already eleven thirty in the morning and I'm still stuck in your house." I sighed laying back, getting more comfortable. "Why did I save you again?" I asked myself curiously. "I don't know. You work in very mysterious ways." I turned my head to him annoyed. Why did he have to be himself so early in the morning.

I focused on the barrier spell that I placed around the house, commanding it to disappear. "You can leave." I mumbled glancing at him. He looked at me suspiciously, not believing a word that I said. "Bullshit! You just want to make me look like an idiot." I chuckled at the thought.

"You're not wrong. I do love seeing you look like an idiot, but you can actually leave." He threw the pillow back at me, with a raised eyebrow. Unluckily for me I didn't have the liberty of catching it, so it hit me in the face. He then sped out of my room, opening the front door, and walking onto the porch.

I forced myself out of bed, walking into the hallway to see Damon walk back into the house with a smile on his face. "I told you; you could leave." He ignored me, walking over to Rosa grabbing her hand. "Let's go." He said eagerly. She looked down in slight disappointment. "Unlike you, I can't walk in the sun."

That reminds me. I have to get her a daylight ring. With everything that has been happening I haven't gotten it for her. "Speaking of which. I have to see Bonnie about your daylight ring." I mumbled walking back into my room to get ready.

When I was ready, I walked down the hallway and out the front door. As I walked past the living room, I noticed Damon cuddling with Rosa on the couch. I smiled to myself, glad I saved her because not only did I get a new friend, but Damon won't get hurt by Elena anymore. It was a win, win situation. I closed the door, before speeding to Bonnie's house.

After a couple of minutes, I arrived and knocked on her door. After the third knock she opened it with a smile. "I need your help." She fully opened the door looking at me concerned. "Come in."

I smiled taking a few steps into her living room. The walls were a dark shade of blue with the lingering smell of sage in the air. Was she doing a spell? "What do you need my help with?" She asked curiously, motioning for me to sit on her brown sofa.

"I wanted to know if you could make a daylight ring?" She glanced down to the ring currently on my pointer finger. "It's for my friend; Rose. She hasn't been in the sun her entire life." I explained, sitting down to the right of her. Bonnie looked down at her lap. She was torn on what to do. "Please Bonnie. I know you haven't met her, and you have every right to not make her one; but I trust her."

She took a moment to think it over. "If you trust her, then I I trust her." She looked back up at me with confidence. "Thank you, Bonnie." She nodded, before getting up and walking to her bedroom. She emerged from down the hallway with her grimoire flipping through the pages. While searching for the spell I pulled out the ring for her to do the spell on.

"Alright. Put the ring in the light." I do as she says, and she closes her eyes and mumbles something in Latin. After a few moments her eyes opened. "All done." She announced. I put the ring back in my pocket, before standing up to hug her.

"You have no idea how much this means to me." I mumbled gratefully. Maybe our relationship wasn't going to be as bad as I had pictured. She smiled, picking up her grimoire, closing it. "Goodbye Bonnie." She gave me a slight nod before I sped out of her house.