Chapter Sixteen: A Unexpected Rescue Mission

When I woke up without any interruptions, I smiled. "I finally get a normal morning." I whispered aloud to myself. As I stretched -still smiling- I heard a blood curtailing scream outside, making my smile drop. "Oh, you have got to be kidding me." I quickly got out of bed, storming off in the direction of the screaming.

Once I got outside, I saw Kathrine on the ground, blood coming out of her eyes, nose, ears, and mouth. I looked to my right and saw Phoebe looking down at her confused. I sighed already knowing what happened.

"What's happening to her? I didn't do anything, I swear!" Phoebe yelled, hoping that I wouldn't think that she did anything. I walked over to both of them shaking my head. "Don't worry it's just the effects of the blood barrier." I stated calmly.

Phoebe glanced between herself, Kathrine, and me with curiosity. "Blood magic is really that powerful?" I walked closer to Kathrine who was now covered in blood.

"You tried to kill my sister, didn't you?" She was squirming in pain and all she could do was nod her head, while continuing to scream. I waved my hand in front of her and she immediately stopped screaming. "Bring her in the house, and make sure she doesn't get blood on the furniture." I told Phoebe annoyed.

'Wait, Rose.' Phoebe got my attention without Kathrine knowing. 'You're saying that all I have to do is get Esther to try and kill me, and she would be in unimaginable pain?' I nodded, turning to walk back into the house. It wasn't a bad idea, and quite frankly I didn't care what she did to Esther. She was still on the other side anyway.

While looking through my closet I was practically fuming. Something as simple as wanting to wake up peacefully was IMPOSSIBLE. Kathrine just had to show up and try to kill Phoebe today. Why today? Why couldn't it have waited?

I haven't woken up without any interruptions since I became Caroline! If Damon wanted me at Elena's house, I was there, whether it was involuntarily or not. Jeremy calls me asking questions about his sister's secrets, and I meet him at the Grill. I just want to have a day to myself where I can just make my own decisions without having to be involved with this story line plot.

I sighed, calming myself down. I needed to focus on Kathrine and Phoebe being in the same room. Nothing good would come of that duo. I walked into the bathroom to quickly change and get ready for whatever today would bring before walking into the living room. What I saw scared me.

Phoebe and Kathrine were chatting like two friends that had known each other for decades. More importantly, they were laughing. Kathrine doesn't just jokingly laugh with anyone, especially one that she had just tried to kill twenty minutes ago.

"Why are you guys laughing?" I glanced between the two nervously. Katherine was no longer covered in blood, and had clean clothes, turned to me with her signature smirk. "You never mentioned you had a sister." I held my breath, waiting for the worst.

"We were just talking about how I tricked Stefan earlier; pretending to be Elena." She explained, glancing back to Phoebe with a grin. I nodded, before focusing on what was going to happen today, so that I wasn't caught off guard like I was this morning. Although Kathrine coming to kill Phoebe never actually happened in the original plot line, it was still something that caught me off guard.

Taking a moment to think, that similar feeling of frustration began to burn in my chest. "I quit." Shaking my head, I turned to Phoebe. "For over two weeks now I have had everything planned out. I knew what happened and what I wanted to change, but I'm sick of it. I want a day off!"

She kept silent, staring at me confused. "Is this another one of your pranks?" She asked, not amused in the slightest. I shook my head. "No. Today I don't care about what happens in the future. We're going to go somewhere and do something childishly stupid before I lose my mind!"