Chapter Two: Let the Acting Begin

The Hospital: Rose Point Of View

When I woke up, I saw Damon. Elena had asked him to feed me his blood, so I didn't die. When he tried to compel me to not remember a thing it didn't work. I didn't understand why it didn't work, it worked in the show, but I guess I'm not the normal Caroline in the show.

Does that mean I can't be compelled? I could use that to my advantage. Would it still work if I were a vampire? If not then I'm screwed, but I would still be just as powerful as Caroline in the show.

If I still have it while I'm a vampire that would help a lot when the original family comes. Speaking of which I was going to change things, like me and Matt. I personally didn't care for the relationship, but now that I have to personally be in it, it was different.

Another thing I was going to change was when Kathrine tries to scare me into spying on everyone, I'll do it freely in order to make a deal with her. Besides those few things, I'm not going to change anything else. For a few days Caroline doesn't really get hurt, and that would give me enough time to think over the next few episodes. I have now just figured out that each episode is a day which was weird.

I did end up falling asleep for the rest of the night, which was relaxing. When I woke up, I knew Matt and Bonnie were going to come and see me. I just had to act like Caroline and hope they didn't notice. Simple right? I didn't think so. They have been friends since they were children, it was going to be harder than I thought.

Now you may be wondering why I didn't decide to change Kathrine turning Caroline. Why would you want to deal with blood lust and other issues?

Well, I'm sure that everyone can agree that the new badass Caroline better than the human preppy best friend. I figured, I had to keep up this whole I'm Caroline charade until I become a vampire then I will be my normal self and can blame it on being a new baby vamp.

When they arrived, Bonnie gave me a hug. "Are you feeling better?" I nodded glancing down at my hands. "The doctors said I'm healing really fast, so that's good." I commented oblivious. Of course, Bonnie knew that Damon game me his blood, but I wasn't supposed to remember.

After two hours of talking, they had to leave and go to something at the Lockwood's. This was where Stefan and Kathrine have a chat and I'm stuck in the hospital by myself all day. In the episode Caroline was only shown with Bonnie and Matt and then at the end of the episode when Kathrine kills her with a pillow.

A fucking pillow! Couldn't she just snap her neck? I know it would hurt, but I do not want to be killed by a pillow. Sitting in this uncomfortable hospital bed was boring. There was nothing on the tv, no one visited me, and the nurses wouldn't let me get out of bed because I just had surgery.

Which I would also like to point out, wasn't fun to deal with, before Damon gave me his blood. One of the nurses had to give me more pain killers when I started to feel the soreness from the surgery. I have never had to get surgery done before, and I honestly was grateful.

It was around nine at night when I ended up falling sleep. When what felt like a few minutes went by, I was woken up, by my soon to be murderer. "Caroline." She called to me with a whisper. Opening my eyes, the light from the hallway blinding me momentarily, I turned my head to focus on her.

"Finally! Hello, Kathrine." I exclaimed with a grin. She looked at me confused. Probably wondering why, I knew she wasn't Elena. "I need you to give the Salvatore's a message for me." She continued.

"And what message would that be?" I asked her cheerfully. Her smile dropped. "Game on." Then she tried to smother me with a pillow! Before she could get it over my face I put my hands up. "Can't you just snap my neck?" I asked quickly.