Chapter Forty-Five

As Armani set out on his journey with his newly found freedom, his twin was fighting to earn her's as well.

The past year had not been kind to Annabella at all.

She was constantly in a vulnerable position, but she bided her time, waiting for the exact moment that she could execute her plan to escape from the grasps of her own personal devil, Samuel Diaz.

She never gave into his demands, despite him showing her his "real" self. He had shown no mercy after that fateful day in her cell.

It was very apparent that he was getting to the end of his patience with her. He thought she would have been broken now, but she still finds a way to prove him wrong every chance that she can.

Annabella just knew deep down that the perfect chance for her to escape would be coming very soon. Don't ask how she knew, but maybe it was her twin instinct telling her that her twin was waiting for her?

As the days passed quickly, Annabella grew antsy in her cell, carefully combing over every possible outcome of this escape attempt.

One: She could make it out undetected and far away before Samuel notices that she has escaped. This is the outcome that she wanted the most, but the least likely with the round the clock guards positioned near her cell to keep an eye on her.

Two: She got out of the cell without anyone noticing, but she gets caught near the exit and gets injured but still escapes. She thinks that this is the most probable outcome, but you can never be one hundred percent sure.

Three: She gets caught and Samuel decides to make her life a living hell for it, maybe even kill her. This is the outcome she is the most scared of, because she knows what he is capable of and does not want to be on the receiving end of his anger once again.

She has gone over those three outcomes more than any person should, but it's not like she had anything better to do. All she could do was wait, and it felt like months had passed, when in reality it was only a few hours.

She was, in short terms, going crazy.

While she was obsessing over her plans, she began to develop a sort of paranoia, getting freaked out and jumping at every little sound, like they knew what she was planning.

When the day finally came, Annabella had tore herself apart from the constant worrying and not sleeping in fear that she would miss her chance to gain freedom.

As the sun rose on the fateful day, Annabella knew that today was the day she would escape and she was almost jumping for joy, but she refrained as she knew she had to keep her cool and act like nothing was going to happen.

The day started as any other. The guards would bring her the measly meal she would get in the mornings, that couldn't even be classified as food. After the guards left, she would hurry up and eat the meal, not wanting them to take it away from her before she got finished.

Next, she would spend her time going over every possible outcome and any flaws that could happen, and today was no different. She was pushing herself, making sure everything was going to go as smoothly as possible.

That is exactly what she was doing when something out of the ordinary happened.

Her cell door began to open, which it was nowhere near time for dinner as they didn't feed her lunch. She was so in her head, she didn't notice it at first.

Samuel Diaz waltzed into the tiny cell and began to observe the girl he claimed to love. It was very noticeable that she had gone crazy with her time in this cell, but it only made him admire her that much more.