Epilogue

"Are you alright, darling?"

My head snapped up, expecting to see the man who had said the same thing to me my whole life. Even now, the question was bringing me out of a haze. Rather than pondering a fortune, it was the past that had taken my attention.

Mrs. Weasley, with her bright smile, brought me back to the present, a place I had enjoyed for the last decade.

"I'm fine, Molly." I assured genuinely. Her own ask was polite and as simple as could be. I hadn't had a dream last night. Even if I had, the matriarch of the red headed family I loved so much, knew she need not ask anymore.

It truly had been years since I last glimpsed into the future. Deducing that the chaos of the Twizard Tournament had stunted my fortune telling powers, I never thought any less of it. The theory stood truthful with the years following, Voldemort's return, the Ministry's fall, and the Second World War. With the present world in such disarray, there wasn't much for me to see for tomorrow.

She rubbed my arm, handing me a cup of hot chocolate on her way into the living room. The Burrow was as crowded as ever, full of warmth from the fire and the scent of Christmastime. Snowy windows blanketed the space with love and I couldn't help but grin as I went to sip my drink.

"Not that one." George swooped in, switching out my cup.

I began to protest only to be ushered over to a chair by Angelina, who shook her head at her husband. She turned, smiling at their son, Fred, before going to take a sip. The crinkle of her nose confused me, until someone enlightened me on the secret ingredient.

"Fire Whiskey."

I giggled into the sweet drink in my hands, which Cedric sets down on the coffee table in front of him before taking me into his lap.

"It's a good thing you saved me, there."

"Why's that?" The Golden Boy wondered aloud.

"Cedric Diggory." I scolded, twirling his wedding ring in my hands.

"What?" He went to play with my identical gold band. I had never been one for jewels and Cedric knew that. It only made sense that our elopement, which took place days after the fall of the Death Eaters and their leader. He had slipped the ring onto my finger an hour after asking for my hand. He'd had all of me for a long time before so the ask was easy to answer.

"I can't have Fire Whiskey." I looked into his eyes, which looked at mine with innocence as he tucked a piece of my hair away. "Or shall I say, we can't have Fire Whiskey."

His mouth fell into a small 'o' before circling into a smile. His forehead crashed into my shoulder which brought a giggle to my lips.

"You know this not telling everyone is really getting to me."

I scratched his head, shielding my smile behind my arm. Hermione and Ron were fussing over Rose's bow. Harry was running after little James, who was after and even littler Albus who was wailing for his mother. With all the new parents around, I was shocked Cedric had forgotten that we were soon to joint he party.

I had just told him last week, an early Christmas gift, but he'd been so excited I was convinced he'd known for ages. He told me so, saying he noticed an abundance of changes (which wouldn't occur for months), before twirling me around the room.

He then immediately stopped to set me down before running around our flat to begin baby proofing. The first thing to go had been the alcohol, so his hesitancy to spot the mere slip up of the spiked hot chocolate was too funny not to notice.

He whined into me. "Can we please tell them?"

"I love the Weasleys but telling them first? Before your mom? Your father?"