Chapter 9

Make sure to comment and vote!

I had walked out of dinner, planning to pay attention during my lessons the next day. By the time I had made it back to my dormitory, that idea was so doubtful that I almost laughed at the idea.

When a certain fortune was troubling me, I gave myself a free pass to stare out the window during my lessons, knowing full well that Hermione could repeat the entire class on the way to the next lesson.

At dinner, I hadn't had a fortune to trouble me, just a lot on my mind. Cedric knowing I was a seer, wondering if that was going to change our friendship, the small fortune of Harry and Cedric's faces that had confused me, and the announcing of the Triwizard Tournament, definitely took up more of my brain than one fortune. But it was the first day of term and I was determined to start this year off right. Even if my powers didn't want me to, I was going to have a good year. Hopefully, academically.

Academics joined the a working social life in the trash after Cedric sprung his question at me. What my opinion on the Triwizard Tournament was? Really? Was he trying to kill me from my brain working overtime?

No, he wasn't, I reminded myself. I'd probably be more upset if he didn't ask my opinion before entering. In this moment, I wish he hadn't asked me.

I mean, what was he thinking? Puting his name into a fatal competition? He could die! And for what? An attempt at eternal glory? Was he as mad as Mad-Eye Moody?

The last question was immediately answered when I thought of the class I had just left from. My new Defense of the Dark Arts teacher lived up to his name. Only someone mad would one, take a personal approach to the three Unforgivable curses. And two, torture a student with the death of his parents.

I had beat Hermione to telling Moody to stop torturing the spider right in front of Neville. I couldn't handle the eyes on the forgetful boy and the clear discomfort he was feeling. I couldn't imagine reliving my mother's death again. Reliving both of my parent's death, in front of all my peers...

Neville's red face found its way into my head again, which I shook to get it out. Once again, I had wished I had seen it coming so I could've stopped it before.

"Praising your bravery there, love?" The voice from the train said beside me, just as cold as before.

"Praisinging the joy you found from it, Draco?" I retorted, turning to face him.

"It was quite joyful, wasn't it?" His yes men chuckled at his joke.

"You walking away? Yes I enjoyed it very much."

An arm slung around my shoulder, walking me away from the paled Draco, now turning red like he always did in front of Cedric.

The thought made me smile until I remembered my last conversation with my now hero. It wasn't time to start yelling again, but it was time to talk this out.

"The Triwizard Tournament?" I stepped in front of Cedric.

"Hi, Ced. How are you?" Cedric noticed I skipped formalities.

"Are you mad?"

Neville's face popped up into my head again. "Last time I checked, no."

"Ced." I looked back up at him, only to look back down at a loss for words. "Why do you want to enter?"

"You mean, why am I entering?"

"Ced,"

"Let me explain." Cedric interrupted. I pursed my lips, unhappy that he had already made his decision but happy to listen. Cedric continued after I folded my arms over my chest, telling him I was ready to listen.