Chapter 1

We spun into the air as usual, the portkey transporting us upward and across thousands of miles. I wish it had lasted longer so I could plan out how to fall. Of course all good magic came to a close much sooner than I wanted and I ended up on my back in the grass in a quick moment.

"What is this? The 6th time you've fallen down?" Cedric asked, giving me a hand up. He had walked down in the air with ease, as always.

"What is this? The 1st time you've helped me up?"' I asked back. I tugged on my jeans, pulling them up and brushing off the grass on me.

"First time for everything." Cedric shrugged to Harry who he gave a hand to.

"Ha." Harry chuckled, shooting a glance at me. I gave him a soft smile which he returned with an awkward one, clearly not sure what had just happened.

His uncertainty of the past moment was washed away as the crowds of the Quidditch World Cup came into view. Mr. Weasley welcomed us with open arms and Dad squished me into a tight hug before leading us into the crowd.

We shuffled through the masses of green and red in a two-by-two clump. The three adults and Cedric led us, followed by the twins, Hermione and I, and Ron and Harry. More than once did Mr. Weasley have to tell us to catch up as we slowed each time we saw a sight. Which was everywhere.

People rode on broomsticks, reacting moments of past games or practicing. Small fireworks and celebratory spells were being cast everywhere we looked and heard the happy sounds of all around us.

Irish and Bulgarian fans, among the many English who were participating in their home country, banned together, singing drinking songs despite it still being early morning.

"Woah!" I exclaimed when I ran straight into the back of Fred, too busy looking at a man juggling to watch the group come to a slight halt.

"Parting of ways, I think, old chap." Amos clapped Mr. Weasley on the back.

I didn't get to catch the rest of their conversation as Dad looked back at me. "I'll see you later, darling?"

"Pardon?" I questioned, not understanding why we were saying goodbye if we were going to the same tent. We'd planned to stay with the Diggorys since we decided to come together. Instead of my tradition to stay with them the night before school, we'd decided a camping trip would be just as good.

"You're staying with the Weasleys. They've got an extra bunk since Ginny couldn't make it." I looked back at Hermione to fill me in but she just shrugged. For once she's on the same blank page as me. "Didn't Mr. Weasley tell you?"

"What did Mr. Weasley tell you?" Cedric asked, coming up beside me and into the conversation once he heard my confusion. I assumed he swept into help, as always.

"Apparently I'm staying with Hermione." I chuckled in an attempt to go with the flow. The sound of being with Hermione did sound fun as she was the only other girl on the trip.

"Ced, come on." Amos waved, already distanced from the group.

"Hold on, Dad." Cedric shouted before looking back at me. "You're not staying with us?"

"What's the hold up?" Mr. Weasley interrupted, leaving my answer unheard as he came to deal with our confusion that was holding us up. Mr. Weasley was a stickler for time, at least when it came to Quidditch.

"Is she staying with you?"

"Yes." Mr. Weasley assured. "Didn't I tell you that?" He asked me when he saw my still confused expression.

"I think she was still complaining about Fred and George when you were going to tell her." Hermione piped in. "Sorry."

I looked from giving her a glare as her attempted joke wasn't changing Cedric's clearly upset face.