Chapter 8

Make sure to vote and comment!

QUESTION: would you prefer longer chapters or shorted chapters that were separated to make more sense?

The rest of the meal was like any other Welcome Feast. Full of extra smiles and laughter from conversation of Ron's new love, it went by quickly.

Not quick enough for Cedric. I felt his eyes tracing my back every so often, thankfully less and less as the meal went on. Either he saw me not responding or was pulled into the laughter that continued from his table.

It wasn't that I was regretting telling Cedric that I was a seer. I had just forgotten how Cedric might have reason to watch me even more. Knowing now that I had a gift that could make me very unhappy, Cedric just wanted to keep my happy now that he knew why I could be so dreadful sometimes. I simply wished I had thought of that before I told him. Or at least told him that it shouldn't change our relationship.

My internal dwelling faded during Dumbledore' further explanation of the tournament. I had never seen the man so intense. There was something more than excitement in his voice. Something that sounded similar to fear of what come. Maybe that was just my fear still lingering when he had looked at me.

What he said about this competition not being for the faint hearted really struck me. Was he talking to me? Did he want me to enter?

The fear rose inside me once again when lightning from outside was mirrored above in the magical ceiling. The fright stayed even after it was calmed, the face of who put it out sending a shiver down my spine.

Mad Eye Moody, as Ron identified, had a glass eye. Magically or humanly, the blue glossy eye was darting around. It finally stopped gazing around the room when it found what it was looking for. Who it was looking for.

At first I thought it was I as his focus, when I realized it was Harry from beside me. I looked between the two and I had a feeling Harry's scar might be tingling. If it was, he didn't say anything as Mr. Crouch's announcement took up the whole room.

"That's rubbish!" The twins shouted among the other calls of objection at no student under 17 being able to enter.

I wasn't so much as upset but confused at this announcement. Dumbledore must've been aware of this. So, why did he look at me? He couldn't have been silently telling me to enter, could he?

Harry's worried face from my fortune became suddenly clear in my mind. As did Cedric's face which popped up right after Harry's. What did that mean?

Next thing I knew, I was the last person at my table, too focused on the buzzing thoughts in my brain to notice we had been dismissed. My eyes quickly scanned to see if anyone noticed I had fallen behind. THankfully all the Gryffindors, as courageous as they all were, were the first out the Great Hall Door.

As for the Hufflepuffs, always loyal to allow others exit first, were only just getting up as I stood. Included in this loyal group, was Cedric. Loyal to his unsaid word to keep my happy, he immediately found me, finally voicing his question.

"You alright?"

"Why wouldn't I be?" I answered with a smile and a confident attitude. I wasn't lying my pants off but I was definitely shaken up. Cedric already had a lot of information to take in today. Between my identity, our relationship finding solid ground again and the enormous topic of the Triwizard Tournament, we both had a lot on our minds. Didn't need the worry of why I was having fortunes when I was awake, adding to that list.

"I don't know, you kind of attacked the glassware back there." Cedric pointed out the obvious, knowing there was no point in beating around the bush.