Chapter 15

Don't forget to comment and vote! But mostly just stay with me! Exciting things ahead!

💛💛

I had been ready for the meal for much longer than lunchtime, where I'd cut my returning feast short after meeting Cedric's eyes. That felt like ages ago, after sitting with Harry and talking with Hagrid. I guessed that when such an important conversation came after my stare off with Cedric, our silent disagreement felt minuscule compared to what came later in the day.

I'd take staring across the Great Hall with Cedric over learning about what was to come, any day.

Yesterday hadn't been included in any day, though. Last night's dinner didn't even include Cedric. Maybe he had lost his appetite like me. I found it unlikely, though, as Cedric wasn't one to skip something as routine as a meal. Those damn loyal Hufflepuff, I thought on my way back to the common room.

The thought brought a smile to my face. A smile that was shortly lived and replaced with a shout as something knocked into me. Something I couldn't even see.

I realized it was Harry once he apologized using my name. Him being under the invisible cloak was a routine reason for air almost running into me, still, a hand found its way over my heart.

"No problem, Harry." I gulped, remembering where he was off to. Hagrid had asked to meet him after dinner and I remembered walking back to the common room in mostly empty hallways. With dragons, Hagrid and Cedric buzzing in my mind, I had taken the long way back. A very long way since Harry was now heading out into the dark night.

With my thoughts silenced, the air became quiet enough for me to recognize the time. I raced back to the common room, not wanting to be caught in the halls after curfew. I only thought for a moment about getting caught by a certain Hufflepuff prefect, before remembering my promise to Hagrid. Cedric would find out soon enough, just like Harry would too.

How I got to sleep with the thought of Harry and Cedric and the task ahead, I had no idea. Maybe it was the thought of how they'll be better prepared that had me in a peaceful sleep. Whatever the reason, I found myself waking up to the sound up long after the rest of my dorm.

The quiet room wasn't somewhere I wanted to stay, the silence more deafening than the usual peace I find in my four poster. Being left alone with my thoughts wasn't something I usually enjoyed and today especially. For the minute I woke up I only had one loud and pressing thought on my mind.

Cedric gets to know.

It wasn't until I was rifling through my dirty laundry in search of a clean sweater, did I remember Cedric at the sight of a picture of us together. It was one taken at the World Cup, at very 'exclusive' seats. Cedric, always the positive one, had spent the entire first part of the match explaining why our seats were the best. It was the Weasley boys who needed convincing but I gladly listened. He always looked on the bright side, being the optimist of our friendship.

He had been optimistic in me, trying to understand why I couldn't share my fortune. It was I who jumped to conclusions, assuming the worst in him. In the spur of the moment I felt like he was using me, when he wasn't. I had somehow confused worry and wanting to care for a friend with him using me. How, I could do? Well, I clearly wasn't looking for the bright side.

What I was looking for, was Cedric. So much that I nearly ran into the one person you clearly can't miss at Hogwarts.

I had made it to the middle courtyard, a favorite place of Cedric and his friend's to relax between classes, without running into anyone. For not watching where I was going, too busy looking for my friend while simultaneously buttoning my sweater unevenly. To say I was in a rush would be an understatement. Evident in my tilted cardigan.