Chapter 7

After leaving Cedric to be tormented by his friends for the rest of the train ride, I found myself in my own torture. Both with myself and the other passengers in the compartment.

In the train car, I sat with Hermione, Ron and HArry like usual. The minute I sat down Hermione was on about the attack, setting down the Daily Prophet she was reading. If the moving photograph on the cover of the Dark Mark didn't scare me enough, the information Ron shared had me squirming. He said that according to his father, the Ministry had this happen right under their noses. More like my nose.

Just as I rubbed my nose anxiously, Harry hand had flown up to his scar. That began a conversation, or more so scolding from Hermione, on how he should tell Sirius if his scar was hurting again.

It was my other type of torture that had me disagreeing with Hermione. That being knowing more than everyone else, and not the way Hermione did.

The things in my brain didn't come from reading a book because if they did I would've never picked it up to read in the first place. I was upset that me being a seer had caused a riff in not only my relationship with Cedric, but my life. I had such a big secret, a secret so many saw as a gift, that was impeding on me living out a normal life.

And I saw a little bit of that feeling in Harry, of everyone worrying about him when he couldn't control what was happening. Either that or I was getting a little bit of my anger out at my friends who didn't do anything wrong. Can anybody say improper living through my friend?

"He doesn't have to write to Sirius if he doesn't want to." I defended. "I mean, it's his choice, isn't it? If he doesn't think anything of it, then why should he worry people?"

"Because maybe he doesn't think anything of it and that's exactly what whatever is definitely not nothing, wants him to think." Hermione explained.

Her words confused Ron and Weasley so much that they were stunned to silence. Or maybe that was the way we were staring one another down across the compartment.

I sucked in a breath and quickly released. I was fighting a battle against my friend when I really was fighting a battle with myself.

"Yeah, maybe." I gave in, half of me still wanting to tell her off. Or tell myself off. I didn't agree with Hermione's reasoning. I had to remind myself that she wasn't tell me off, she was telling Harry.

Who happened to be the first to make a move after a tense few minutes. Grabbing Hedwig in her cage, some parchment and a quill from his bag, Harry exited the compartment. I knew exactly where he was going and wished I could follow him. Not to stop him from writing to his Godfather, just to escape from the compartment, that's air was thick with tension.

Thankfully, Ron pulled Hermione into a conversation after a few minutes of her looking at me. Studying to see if I was alright.

I usually appreciated Hermione when she did this. It was the way Cedric checked in on me. Since I barely saw him, due to our different houses, grade levels and friend groups, it was nice to know someone in my House wanted to make sure I was okay.

I usually appreciated it, though. And usually was not now. Yes, it was kind of her to worry for me. But little did she know her words had stricken something inside of me. The hundred of emotions from the past hour rushed over me.

The anxiety of seeing Cedric on the platform, the guilt of apologizing, the great shame upon my shoulders from having to listen to Cedric apologize, the relief of telling Cedric I was a seer and the worry of how I had just told Cedric, to just name a few emotions, were running through my mind.