three.

sybil spent three weeks talking to paul, staying up late making stupid jokes. she has grown rather fond of him, looking forward to their conversations.

paul :) (california man)

will i ever learn your real name, marie?

,,,,,,anyways, wanna see my cat? :)

dont change the subject >:(

maybe one day

when i know ur not a murderer or some old man

how can i prove to u that im neither?

uhhhh,,,,,,,,

i dont know

not helpful

ill call u and then ull know im not an old man

why are you so curious as to what my name is???

im nosy by nature

!irl!

sybils stomach drops as her phone begins to ring, and hesitantly answers. "hello?" she says into the phone, staring at her black comforter.

"hello, marie." she hears on the other end of the phone. his voice is monotone, and rather deep. "'tis i, paul."

she laughs, "why did you say it like that?"

she hears a chuckle on the other end, "talking on the phone is not something i excel at."

she scoffs playfully, praying he knows she isn't an asshole. "we've noticed."

techno can't help but grin, hearing the girl that has taken up most of his time speaking to him. her voice was smooth, and kind of deep for a girl, but expected. "you're so rude to me. now, is this proof enough?"

"i guess," she sighs, "are you ready for the name reveal? i'm about to blow your mind, paul."

"i've never been more ready for anything in my life."

"my name is sibyl." she says. "like syllable, kind of?"

"that's a pretty name.. sibyl." he repeats her name back to himself, "and you aren't pulling my leg?"

"not at all. i don't know why i would give you such a rare name if i was pulling your leg." her nerves had calmed down as she lays on her back, staring at her ceiling with her phone held close to her ear. "just don't figure out my identity, got it? i'll find you and commit a felony."

he laughs, "i won't. i kind of like the mystery behind your identity. it's something different." he says, "like, i'm getting to know you without having any previous information on you. it's nice."

she smiles, closing her eyes. "i like it too. i hate having a preexisting bias when i meet people, i'm too damn judgmental sometimes."

"i'm well aware of that, sibyl. by the way, what time is it there?"

"roughly two am? i'm not sure." she says bluntly.

"what? go to bed, then!"

"but why? i have classes off tomorrow because of the snow, so i'm completely free tomorrow." she says, her cat jumping onto her bed and purring in her face. "oh hello there, babyboy."