twenty-seven

that night went by within what felt like seconds, by eleven o'clock, everyone had retired to their respective rooms. gwynne and gabbi were in gwynne's, daniel in his, wilbur in the guest room and sibyl and techno were in sibyl's.

the two were curled up under her blanket, her tv playing one of her spotify playlists softly in the background as they sat in a comfortable silence. techno didn't know a majority of the songs that played, but he listened to them intently anyway.

sibyl hummed along to the songs quietly, enjoying the feeling of his fingertips brushing against her back.

the six of them sat at the island the next morning, practically inhaling the breakfast that gabbi had picked up before the rest of them had even woke up.

they had plans to show wilbur around, and finally give techno a more interesting tour. wilbur had put together a list of things that he wished to see the night prior, per sibyl's request. she was desperate for ideas and her mind was blank, after all.

after they ate, they all began to get ready for the day. sibyl did her hair while techno showered, during which she listened to wilbur singing loudly as he showered in the spare bathroom.

she recorded it and promptly sent it to phil, telling him that he should've come along to keep the man on his best behavior.

once she was finished getting ready, techno emerged from the bathroom in her room with his clothes on and a towel in his hand, which he threw into her hamper. she smiles at the tall man as they hear knocks on her bedroom door, "are you decent?"

"yes." sibyl says as will pushes the door open.

"gwynne and daniel are ready so we can go whenever the two of you are ready." he says, leaning against her door frame. he has to hunch a bit, though. "you should really get taller doors."

"shrink, perhaps?" she jokes, making him roll his eyes and flip her off. she grabs her purse off of her desk and walks past wilbur into the hallway, techno following suit.

the three walk down the stairs, seeing gwynne and daniel arguing over something as they put their shoes on. "what are you two arguing about?" sibyl asks.

"i want to go to the fair but your brother doesn't because he's a little bitch." gwynne scoffs, flicking the younger boy's forehead.

"why not?" the younger girl asks, slipping her shoes on.

"it's hot!" daniel whines.

"that's your reasoning? fair's are the most fun when it's hot."

"there's a fair going on?" wilbur asks, his eyes wide. "can we go?"

"no!" daniel whines, "not you too!"

"i want to go." wilbur states, crossing his arms over his chest. "it will be fun!"

"i want to go too." techno says, "i'm sure it'll be fun."

daniel whines, hesitantly agreeing. with that, the five of them climbed into gwynne's horrible mom van and make their way to the fair. the fair grounds were a while away from their apartment, but they left early enough to give them enough time to get there and get their ticket situation settled.

wilbur was sat in the passenger's seat, scrolling through gwynne's spotify as the other three sat in the back seat. they chose gwynne's van for the extra space in the back, as wilbur and sibyl would most likely get a lot from the fair, and sibyl's car had a very small trunk.

by the twenty minute mark, wilbur had successfully made a playlist full of songs the group could agree on and daniel had crawled into the back to lay down. they all sat in a comfortable silence, until the fair grounds came into view.

wilbur broke out in a fit of cheers, sibyl and gwynne quickly joining him. once gwynne found a  parking spot, which took fifteen minutes within itself, they all climbed out and stretched their limbs.

wilbur took off in a sprint towards the ticket booth, leaving the rest to speed walk after him and gauge his distance off of the sounds of his cheers. despite being a twenty-four year old man, he was very childish at heart.

they all meet up with him and pay for their passes for the day, the bracelets secured around their wrist and the shape of the day stamped onto their hands in a bright blue color.

wilbur looks around at the rides, one with spinning cages catching his eye. "can we go on that?"

the rest of them look at it, nodding in agreement and walking towards the tall ride. daniel had met up with one of his friends once they got their tickets, leaving the other four alone.

they make small talk while waiting in line, mainly wilbur complaining about the sun.

"i have sunscreen if you'd like some, wilbur." gwynne states, digging in her bag. he accepts the sunscreen without a second thought, lathering it on his exposed skin.

after what felt like forever, the four were finally able to get on the ride. gwynne and wilbur went first, getting in the cage and bucking in. wilbur had a bit of a hard time trying to fit his legs in, though.

they waved as the other two watched them go upwards from the ground, getting in their own cage shortly after. needless to say, sibyl was nervous. their harnesses were tight, and the front of the cage was closed tightly.

she could feel the cage rocking, signaling that they were moving. soon enough, the view of downtown albany greeted the two. she turns to techno, who was looking around with his hands in his lap.

she smiles at the sight, gripping onto her harness as they rocked again, moving downwards. with that, the two realized the ride had started, laughing as they rock back and forth.

the sound of wilbur and gwynne's cheers were quite loud, as well as a random scream from wilbur here and there.

the side ended as fast as it started, leaving the two to crawl out of their cage with wobbly legs and dry eyes.

!a/n!

hello. i am so so sorry for not updating for like,,,,,, a month??

i lost motivation for this book but i'll be damned if i don't finish it so here we go.