sixteen.

sibyl sighs, rubbing her eyes and dragging herself out of her warm bed. she had to go back to work that day, but thankfully it was a five to nine to cover for one of their part-timers calling off. she turns to face her clock that lets her know that it was shortly after eight, so she had time to spare before even having to think about getting ready.

she walks to the bathroom before brushing her teeth and figuring out her hair, and then she makes her way downstairs to start working on breakfast. she sees paul sat at the kitchen island, a laptop in front of him and a pair of glasses perched on the bridge of his nose.

"good morning." she says, opening the fridge. "sleep well?"

"yes, did you?" he asks, shutting his laptop and rising from his chair. she nods in response, shutting the fridge after grabbing eggs and a tub of butter. he wraps his arms around her waist, gently setting his chin on top of her head. "what has you up so early?"

"i want to get some stuff done before i have to go to work. gwynne took danny to school before work this morning so i decided i would sleep in." she says, leaning into his embrace after heating up the stove.

"you have to work?"

"mhm, one of our part-timers called off so they called me in even though i'm on vacation." she states, "but they're giving me an extra day off in return."

"aren't you already off on sunday?" he asks, his full eyebrows furrowing.

"yeah, the stores closed so it doesn't matter if they give me a vacation day for it. i should've come to you so they wouldn't be able to call me in, my happy ass would be on the other side of the country." she jokes, smiling softly at the thought of visiting paul at his home.

"we'll have to do that next time, then." he states, pushing a stray piece of hair out of her face.

"we should." she says, her smile growing more practically every second. "i'd love to see your actual set up and not danny's pc that we transformed."

"speaking of set ups, wanna beat the ender dragon before work?" he asks, and she spins around to face him.

"of course! do you wanna stream it, mr. i stream once every blue moon? or should it me mr. i only stream dream smp lore or mcc?"

he laughs, rolling her eyes at the younger girl. "shut your hole. and sure, we can stream it."

the two remain in silence as sibyl makes breakfast, paul watching her intently. once she's done making it, the two sit at the island and eat, in silence once again.

there were only four days left of his visit, and as the seconds passed, she felt her heart hurting more and more. she genuinely didn't want him to leave, her words from the night before were full of truth.

she found something special in paul, and not only her feelings towards him. she felt like he understood her more than anyone in her life ever had, despite their obvious differences. she felt that the guilt that accumulated over her lifetime disappeared whenever she was around him, like he slayed all of her demons without even lifting a finger.

before meeting paul, she had gwynne and daniel, and that was really it. all of her friends from high school drifted away one by one once they got that stupid sheet of paper that proved that they went through hell and back for thirteen years.

granted, daniel understood the burden that she carried with her every day of her life, the burden of her mothers passing and the burden of her addict father.

her mother was her best friend before she had gwynne, she told her everything without sparing any details out of fear of punishment. her mother steered her onto the right path, no matter the situation, with a calming smile on her aging face.

her father, however, was never emotionally present. he was always there in the flesh, but he never really behaved as a father. he remained in their garage from the moment he got off work until the moment that he had to eat and sleep.

he loved sibyl and daniel undoubtedly, but he never made an effort to show it. that left a lot of emotional scars on his two children, but they had each other on the nights that their parents would erupt into screaming matches in their dining room.

that was exactly why she was so protective over her brother's feelings, and she would probably die before someone could break his heart like their father broke hers.

she owed paul a lot, even though he was unaware of that fact. over the mere months that he had been in her life, he acted as her saving grace. the outside force silencing her racing mind whenever she was on the brink of going off of the deep end.

she didn't want to lose him, and she would do everything in her power to keep that from happening.

she turns to face him as he scrolls through twitter, blind to the fact that her eyes were on him. she leans her head on his shoulder, eyes now locked onto his twitter feed. his free arm snakes around her waist as he turns his head to look at her.

"ready to stream?" he asks, placing a gentle kiss onto her forehead.

"i've never been more ready." she says, hopping out of her chair and extending a hand out to him. "let's get a move on, mr. technoblade."

he smiles, taking her hand and standing up. the two make their way up the stairs and he enters the spare room, where his temporary set up was located. sibyl runs into her room, grabbing her office chair before pushing it into the spare room.

she places it beside his, plopping into it. she had grabbed her laptop as well, putting it on the desk and opening it. she opens minecraft, watching it load as he prepared to start streaming. "are you excited?" he asks after setting everything up and loading minecraft up onto his computer.

"very." she grins at him as he puts his mic in between the two. "i get to watch the technoblade play minecraft, i've never been more excited." she jokes, waving her hands in front of her to exaggerate her words.

and with that, he starts his stream and waits for the notification to be sent out as sibyl's hands tremble in her lap.