fourteen.

sibyl could feel her muscles tense at the feeling of his lips against her own. in that moment, she was certain that she was dreaming. did daniel ever actually wake her up? paul wouldn't actually kiss her, right?

it had to be made up, that was the conclusion that she brought herself to.

but instead of pushing him away, desperate to wake up from this dream so she can clear her foggy mind, she gingerly places her hands on his broad shoulders, moving her lips in sync with his.

she felt her face burning as her racing thoughts came to an abrupt stop, the feeling of the heat from his body being the only thing she could feel. she felt her eyelashes brushing against her cheeks as she closed her eyes, melting into his embrace as he wraps his arms around her waist.

she was in a state of mere ecstasy, the thing she had been hoping for was finally happening.

did he know about her feelings towards him? was it that painfully obvious when she tried to brush it off as a joke that morning?

it didn't matter to her in that moment, because she knew he felt the same way. their kiss was short, but enough to confirm both of their feelings towards the other. the longing that they felt was reciprocated.

so they sat there, faces centimetres from one another as a deep blush coats both of their cheeks. a mirrored image of grinning fools, in a way.

she hides her face in his shoulder, face red and breath heavy. but she wasn't mad, not at all. she had never been happier, actually.

they sit there in silence, paul keeping his arms wrapped tightly around her thin waist, thinking that if he let go she would disappear and he'd realize that all of this was a dream.

"now i really don't want you to leave." she whispers, her breath hot against his pale skin.

"oops." he whispers, a smile never leaving his face.

she sits up, rolling her eyes at the man. "you did not just oops me." she says.

"but i did." he says softly, "because i don't want to leave, either."

paul had finally found somewhere he felt like he belonged in, like he wasn't a stranger just floating in the purgatory that he called his everyday life. he found treasured friends in gwynne and daniel, despite daniel being nearly seven years younger than him.

and he found something special in sibyl, he found that he can be himself without her judging him. in fact, she does the same.

he smiles as a faint pink blush coats her cheeks as she rolls her eyes at him again. "you're a nerd."

"nope, you're a nerd."

she flips him off as both of their phones begin to ring, so she grabs hers and looks at it.

'incoming group call for sleepy bois inc.'

she answers it, putting her phone on speaker as paul declines the call on his end. "hello?"

"sibyl!" she hears tommy shout, and a small voice in the background, presumably tubbo. "hello! it's me, tommy!"

she laughs, "i know."

"hello sibyl." she hears wilbur's deep voice from the other end of the phone, as well. "is techno with you?"

"i am." he says, leaning his head on his shoulder.

"we thought you died because you guys weren't answering the group chat!" tommy says. "were you guys making out?"

sibyl sighs, rubbing her temples. "no, we weren't."

"i think we were." paul jokes, making wilbur screech into the phone. "we were totally going to town."

sibyl gasps, punching his shoulder. "we were not!" she laughs.

"totally were." phil says, making her aware that he was in the call, as well. "you're a bad liar."

"we weren't making out!" she laughs harder, her face turning red once again.

she suddenly sees herself in her phone, showing that they were requesting a facetime call. she answers it, keeping paul out of frame.

"hello!" she sees phil smiling into his phone.

"is that sibyl?" she hears tubbo ask, "give me the phone!"

"no!" tommy whines, apparently running away from the other boy. "this is my time to talk to sibyl!"

"but i want to!" she hears tubbo shout, and then the camera was covered for a brief second before revealing his grinning face. "hi sibyl!"

"hi tubbo!" she smiles at him as paul sits up. "how are you?"

"i'm good!" he says, and she can see tommy behind him, trying to put his face into the frame as well. "how are you? where's techno?"

"i'm good." she says, "do you want to say hello?" she turns to face paul, who nods and grabs her phone. he only puts his eyes and forehead into frame before laying down, placing his head into her lap.

"hallo." he says, making tommy scream something inaudible. she can see wilbur and phil waving into the camera, both doing something on their computers.

"technoblade!" tommy shouts, dragging out the older mans name.

they stayed like that for a while, the six of them goofing around and paul's head in her lap. she desperately wanted to play with his hair, but couldn't as the other four would see and probably make fun of them. jokingly, of course.

around five, the six of them said their goodbyes and the facetime ended. paul put her phone on the nightstand as she ran her fingers through his brown hair.

he closed his eyes, his long eyelashes fluttering against his cheeks. "you better not fall asleep on me or i'll shove a crayon up your nose." sibyl jokes, making him chuckle.

"you wouldn't." he says, looking up at her. she places a soft kiss on his forehead before returning to twirling his hair around her fingers.

"you're right." she says, "but i can't promise that gwynne won't."

"you better protect me, then." he says, closing his eyes once more.

"i will, i'll be your body guard." she smiles.

after a while, he ended up falling asleep in her lap as she scrolled through twitter. she smiles down at him, cupping the side of his face in one hand. she takes that moment to admire the man, taking in all of his facial features.

he had a thin nose with high cheekbones and almost flawless skin, but there were remnants of acne scars coating his cheeks, but she found them beautiful. he had full eyebrows and some of the longest eyelashes she had ever seen, accompanied by gorgeous eyes that adorn brown and golden hues.

he was beautiful, and she was incredibly lucky.

!brief a/n!

over 600 reads??? HUH?????