five.

sibyl fell asleep on the phone with paul once again, but this time he didn't hang up. instead, he scrolled through twitter as her steady breathing kept him focused. by midnight, so roughly three hours after she fell asleep, he found himself dozing off. so he plugged his phone in, and closed his eyes.

he was asleep shortly after.

sibyl woke up at eight that morning, brushing her hair and teeth while paul was still on the phone, sleeping peacefully. she sat at her desk, opening her laptop and joining her online courses after muting herself.

she was in the middle of psychology, lazily writing down notes, when he woke up. she was muted on her zoom call, so she unmuted her phone when he mumbled a quiet good morning to her.

"good morning, paul. sleep well?" he only hums in response, clearly not fully awake yet. "i'm happy to hear that."

"what are you doing?" he asks, his morning voice sending chills throughout her body.

"i'm in psychology right now." she says, "but don't worry, i'm muted."

he listens to her professor talk about the notes they are taking as she hums. "how long have you been awake?"

"about three hours." she says, highlighting the important bits.

she quickly moves from her psychology call to her calculus call, keeping herself muted. "i'm currently on my last class of the day, and my professors probably hungover so it should be short. then you have my undivided attention until i have to pick my brother up from school."

"does he live with you?" paul asks, making his way to the small bathroom in his apartment.

"mhm, i got custody of him when my dad went to rehab and my mom died, and i'll most likely maintain custody until he turns eighteen." she says, writing down more notes.

"i'm sorry for your loss, sibyl."

"it's alright. she passed shortly after i turned eighteen, so i've had time to heal. i miss her sometimes, though. she was the only parent i got along with. it doesn't help that my dad is a drug addict." she says bluntly, leaving paul staring wide eyed at his phone.

"sibyl walker?" he hears her professor ask, presumably for attendance.

she quickly unmutes, "here." after that, she mutes again.

sibyl walker. that was her full name, her professor revealing her identity.

"my last name is anderson, since your professor just outed you. it's only fair for you to know mine."

"paul anderson." she says, "you have such a white name." she giggles.

"at least my last name isn't walker!"

"hey, hey! at least my name isn't paul!" she laughs harder.

he smiles down at his phone. "you've got me there. at least you have a cool first name."

"do you wanna know a secret, paul?" he hums in response, most likely brushing his teeth. "i think i found your twitter."