seven.

before either of them knew it, it was february twentieth, and sybil was waiting at the airport for her best friend. her hands shake at her sides, and she chews at her bottom lip nervously.

it was really happening, she was going to meet paul in less than five minutes. she was waiting directly under the sign for terminal three, as the two agreed on the night before. her green eyes scan the crowd, desperate to find someone that fits her description of paul. that is, until she hears her name being called.

she turns, seeing a tall man walking towards her. his hair was messy, he had evidently been running his fingers through it all morning. she immediately knew that it was paul, and runs towards him as fast as she possibly could, wrapping her arms tightly around the taller man.

he stands there for a second, shocked, but then he wraps his arms around her as she hides her face in his chest. "you're here. and you're real. what the fuck? you're real." she mumbles into his chest, the scent of his apartment and his cologne sending her into a state of euphoria as he chuckles.

"i sure hope i'm real." he says, looking down at her. he couldn't see her face, just the mop of mousy brown hair that he had seen once before. "you're real. and you're not some old man."

she looks up at him, "i sure hope i'm not some old man." she smiles up at him, making him want to melt into a puddle on the airport floor.

she had rounder features, with the prettiest green eyes he had ever seen in his life. her teeth weren't exactly straight, but they weren't crooked either. she was perfect.

she holds his face in her small hands, "you're real." she breathes out, grinning like an idiot.

"you're really pretty." he says, his brown eyes darting around her face, desperate to commit the sight to memory as she blushes, rolling her eyes. "there's the iconic eye roll."

she gently punches his shoulder, a foolish smile never leaving her face. they walk to the baggage claim together, making small talk while they wait. sybil watched as he grabbed his bag, and he walked closely behind her to the car.

he puts his bag in the back, getting into the passengers seat as she gets in on the drivers side.

he watches her as she drives, how she squints at people when they cut her off, how she taps her steering wheel along to whatever song is playing. how her eyebrows raise when she looks in the rear view mirror, how her mouth moves when she talks.

she was real, and she was right in front of him. he didn't create her in his head, she was right there, close enough to touch. when they both had their elbows on the center console, he could feel the heat radiating off of her. she had a heartbeat.

after a half hour drive, they pull into the parking garage of her apartment complex. they get out of her car, him grabbing his bag once again. she gently grabs his hand to lead him to the elevator, but once they get in, she doesn't let go. she keeps his hand in hers, holding onto it like he would disappear if she let go.

the ding of the elevator snap both of them out of their thoughts as they walk out, walking down the bright hall. "are you ready for this? to see my humble abode?"

"i was born ready." he jokes, placing his hand on her back while she unlocks the door.

she pushes it open, motioning for him to walk in.

before he gets a chance, a taller girl and a boy that was a couple inches shorter than him were suddenly in front of the door. "welome to new york, paul!" they say in unison, making sibyl laugh at their antics.

"that's why you didn't want to ride with me to the airport? to surprise him?"

they nod excitedly, the boy, presumably sibyl's younger brother, puts his hand out for paul to shake. "i'm daniel, sibyl's brother."

"it's nice to meet you both, i've heard nothing but good things." paul smiles warmly at the two, and he sees the pieces being put together behind daniel's eyes.

"wait a goddamn minute! i know you!" he says, causing sibyl and him to laugh. "holy shit!"

"am i the only one who doesn't know who he is?"

"that's technoblade, you senile bitch!" daniel says, causing sibyl to go into a wheezing fit, clutching her stomach.

"i'm senile? at least i don't forget to flush the toilet, you little asshole!" they get caught up in their own argument as paul and sibyl push past them.

"come on, i'll show you where your room is." the two of them make their way upstairs as the younger points out who is in which room. "daniel is the first door on the right, with gwynne right beside him. i'm directly across from daniel, so your room is the last one on the left. the bathroom is at the end of the hall."

paul sets his bag on his bed, wrapping his arms around her once again. she melts into his embrace, wrapping her arms around his waist. "i was so convinced you were an old man until i saw you."

she laughs, laying her head on his chest. "well i'm not, so you have nothing to worry about." her fingertips graze his back gently as he hides his face in her hair.

"i still can't believe you're real and not a figment of my imagination." he says bluntly, "like what the fuck? you know?"

she smiles, "i know."

the two of them hear paul's phone ringing as he pulls it out of his pocket and answers it. "techno! did you make it to your flight on time?"

"wilbur, i'm already here."

"what?! sibyl's there?"

"no, i'm not." she laughs, her voice muffled through his shirt. "i'm not even here. i'm a hallucination."

wilbur screeches, "you guys are together right now?! yes!! now kis-" paul hangs up on him, rolling his eyes, causing her to laugh.

"he's so dumb."

"why does he want us to kiss?" she asks, looking up at him. "don't tell me we have shippers."

"it's mainly wilbur and tubbo."

"not tubbo. poor boys been corrupted." she says, pulling away from the hug and sitting down on the guest bed, techno sitting beside her shortly after. they sit in a comfortable silence for a bit, until they both turn to one another at the same time, causing both of them to laugh.

neither of them have stopped smiling since they saw eachother in the airport, even though their cheeks hurt. they couldn't stop smiling.