25. promises we can't keep

s4s8: voodoo in my blood

Evie sat in her bed at the Mikaelson compound, staring up at the ceiling. She winced, closing her eyes for a moment. Sitting up in her bed and shaking her head as she tried to ignore the voices.

She got out of her bed, walking down the halls. Her hands went to her head, squeezing slightly as Evie mumbled, "Stop talking, be quiet, please."

Gold began to decorate her veins, and Evie could feel her magic spiraling slowly.

Your mother must go to St. Anne's, immediately. She must follow our instructors.

Evie's eyes widened at the mention of her mother, making her run into her parents' bedroom. She shook her mother's shoulders, urging her awake. "Mommy, wake up, please."

Brynley's eyes opened immediately, looking at her daughter. Elijah woke as well, sitting up as Brynley spoke, "Hey, what's wrong?"

She looked at Evie, noticing how clouds of gold magic mixed with purple were beginning to form at her hands. Brynley sat up in the bed, raising her hands slightly, "Ev, just calm down, okay? Deep breaths, whatever is wrong, we'll figure it out."

Taking a deep breath, Evie opened her eyes again, mumbling, "They want you— You and and Auntie Hayley at St. Anne's church, and you have to do exactly they say, Mommy— You have to! Okay?"

"I will, I will." Brynley promised and Evie began to relax, the clouds of magic around her hands disappearing, the girl hugging her mother.

-

"Evie, you're not doing it right." Elise whined, trying to grab the jar of salt that her older sister held in her hands. The two stood in the courtyard of the Mikaelson compound, a table in front of them. Evie had set up a pile of salt, getting ready to do a spell with Hope. Their parents were in the other room with Hope's parents, discussing today's events.

"Yes, I am, I'm not done yet." Evie replied.

Brynley went to St. Anne's with Klaus and Hayley, and got to visit the Astral Plane to see Davina. She explained the Hollow's backstory, how she created the werewolf curse and Hayley is one of the few things the Hollow truly fears.

Davina also explained how in order for her to hide the Hollow away, it would require a sacrifice, and she was gonna kill Klaus. Elijah refused, insisting that she sacrifice him instead. That's when the Mikaelson trio, Hope, Evie, and Elise came rushing in and saved the day.

"She's probably yelling at Daddy." Evie mumbled, lifting her hands before chanting a spell. "Circulus."

The pile of salt lifted in the air, forming a circle on the table as Alaric Saltzman walked into the room. "Wow, that's impressive."

"Thank you." Evie smiled, giving her younger sister a look. "It's a process spell. My Aunt Freya wrote about it."

"My dad said you study this stuff." Hope joined the conversation as she walked into the room, holding different crystals.

"My mom said you taught her history." Evie giggled and Alaric smiled.

"Yeah, you're both right. There are a lot of amazing things in the world to study, history and magic." Alaric answered, looking at Evie and Elise. "Your mom was a good student, she was smart. And what do you have there, Hope?"

"These are for serenity." Hope handed a crystal to Evie, another to Elise. "And this one is for stillness. They'll keep the flowers in bloom."

"And with a little fairy magic," Evie said, both her and her sister clenching their hands around the crystal before their hands and eyes lit up gold. "The spell is stronger."