03. a month of pure joy

a/n: im probably gonna start off every chapter with a baby evie photo lol
s2e2: you hung the moon

Elijah and Jackson walked into Klaus's bedroom later that night to ask him about Hayley.

"I thought I smelled swamp." The hybrid smirked. Brynley heard her boyfriend and Jackson walk into the compound, letting out a sigh of relief.

Evangeline still hasn't fallen asleep and it was stressing her mother out. Brynley picked up her daughter and walked into the room where the three men stood.

As soon as Evie saw her father, her crying finally stopped and she raised her hand, indicating she wanted to be in Elijah's arms.

"What are you still doing up, sweetheart?" Elijah whispered as Brynley passed the baby to him.

"She won't sleep." Brynley mumbled as Evangeline laid her head on Elijah's chest, the original kissing his daughter's forehead.

"It's because she misses me." Elijah shrugged and Brynley rolled her eyes while Evie just smiled at her parents.

"What'd you do with Hayley?" Jackson asked Klaus.

"Tell me what you know." Elijah demanded as he rocked Evangeline back and forth, trying to get her to sleep finally.

"Has Jackson misplaced his bride? Come to think about it, I did read that global warming was affecting migration patterns. Try Georgia!" Klaus recommended.

"I just left the bodies of people I care about to rot in the woods because you left them defenseless against poachers!" Jackson yelled. "Like Kingmaker Land Development. Does that ring a bell? Yeah, the CEO is Lucien Castle. Elijah tells me you two go way back-"

"So, I will ask you once again, what do you know?" Elijah repeated and Brynley nodded.

"As it happens, I just came back from a romp with our good friend Lucien. You can find him in the penthouse of the gaudy new construction on Canal." Klaus explained. "And while you two are catching up, be sure to ask him about the prophetic vision he showed me of our family's spectacular downfall. You could use a good laugh."

"You stay here. Niklaus and I will deal with this." Elijah said to Jackson and then turned to Brynley gesturing to their daughter. "We'll get this one to bed before we go."

"Actually, as long as Hayley's prowling about on two legs and unaccounted for, I'm staying with my daughter." Klaus said. "And, should I discover that this is yet another cock-eyed scheme for Hayley and you to abscond with her, the paltry remains of your beloved wolf pack will be sniffing at your entrails come morning."

"Klaus, doesn't it terrify you that some day that Hope will know exactly the kind of man that her father is?" Brynley spoke up and Klaus rolled his eyes.

"If anything should happen to Hayley, you mark my words, no one will have to take Hope from you. She will, without question, leave you of her own accord." Elijah said before he and Brynley walked out of the room with Evangeline.

-

Brynley and Elijah walked up to a penthouse on the top floor of a building, ringing the door bell.

A man with brown hair and a smirk on his face answered. "Elijah! What a glorious pleasure."

His eyes fell on Brynley and his smirk grew as Elijah tightened his arm around Brynley's waist. "And who is this?"

"Brynley Fletcher." The brunette answered.

"Ah! The Hollis Fairy! You, my dear, have created quite the spectacle in the supernatural community, and you managed to catch the eye of Elijah Mikaelson, which shouldn't have been too hard, because look at you, you're stunning-" He rambled.