01. welcome to the world

s3e1: for the next millennium

Brynley sat in her and Elijah's bedroom in the compound, reading another parenting book on September 19th, 2013. The book rested on her belly, which was now huge and allowed one to easily tell she was pregnant. She looked down at her stomach and hissed in pain when she felt the baby kick.

"Okay, not cool, baby." Brynley mumbled and groaned. "Was that a kick? That was a kick, right?"

Brynley stood up from the bed and dropped on her knees when a wave of pain hit her. She closed her eyes and let out a shout. "Yeah, okay, not normal, definitely not a kick."

She tried to stand up but quickly fell back down, another contraction hitting her. Brynley looked down and her eyes widened in fear when she saw a puddle of water. "Oh crap, shit, um...Elijah? Freya?"

Brynley could hear footsteps coming down the hallway and let out a sigh of relief. "Brynley?"

Brynley rolled her eyes and looked up to see Klaus, who was looking at her with wide eyes. "Yeah, wanna help me up?"

"Are you alright?" Klaus asked and looked at the puddle of water. "Are you-"

"Going into labor? Yes, I am. Get the keys, you're driving me to the hospital in Audubon." Brynley said as Klaus helped her stand up and looked at her, scared. "Klaus! I'm going to have a baby! Drive me to the hospital!"

"Right, right! Sorry." Klaus nodded and the two got into the car. Brynley took out her phone as Klaus began to drive, calling Elijah.

"Bryn?" Elijah answered the phone.

"Get to Audubon, my water broke-" Brynley began.

"What?" Elijah questioned.

"The baby is coming, get to the hospital in Audubon." Brynley repeated.

"Who's taking you?" Elijah questioned.

"Klaus." Brynley answered and rolled her eyes, turning to Klaus as she sent a text to Elle and Chase. "Can you at least play good music? This stuff is giving me a migraine."

Klaus smirked at her before changing the station on the radio and Brynley spoke into the phone, "If you're not here by the time the baby arrives-"

"I'll be there, I love you." Elijah hung up and began to vamp-speed to Audubon.

"Turn here, this is a back entrance." Brynley pointed and Klaus turned the car. The car stopped the near the woods of Audubon Park, Brynley getting out. "Revelar."

The vines between the trees revealed right in front of Audubon Hospital, where Chase and Elle stood with a medical team. They ran and helped Brynley on to a hospital bed.

"Woo! We're having a baby!" Chase cheered and Brynley rolled her eyes. She turned around to thank Klaus but he was already gone.

"How far apart are they?" Elleri asked as the medical team rolled Brynley into the hospital and into a room.

"About 10 minutes." Brynley panted before letting out a groan, speaking of her contractions. She managed to stand up to behind a curtain, changing into a hospital gown. "Where are the doctors?"

"I'll get them." Chase walked out of the room.

"Oh my god!" Brynley screamed and clutched her stomach as two doctors walked into the room with Chase. One of the them bent down and then stood up.

"You're only four centimeters dilated, we'll be back in a couple minutes." The doctors walked out once again.

"You've got to be kidding me." Brynley mumbled.