22. my legacy

s4e4: keepers of the house

Brynley and Elijah walked into what used to be the Mikaelson compound, each of them carrying one of their little girls in their arms.

"Our home. Once the pride of our family, now a flophouse." Klaus spoke up.

"Indeed, the mighty have fallen." Elijah sighed, holding Brynley's hand and kissing it softly, giving her a comforting look.

"Where's Vincent?" Hayley questioned.

"Right here." He walked into the room. "Kept my word. Now the only question is whether or not you guys are gonna keep yours. As soon as I'm finished healing your kids, you got to leave the city."

Hayley placed Hope on a couch in the courtyard, Brynley doing the same with Elise. Elijah walked over to lay Evie down but the little girl just whined. "No, no."

"Ev, it's okay, this man is going to help you," Brynley whispered, bending down to look at her. "I need you to be strong for me, okay?"

Evie nodded slowly and Elijah laid her down next to Elise.

"Well, we're not gonna stay, are we? Your city has lost its charm." Klaus shrugged.

"He means thank you, please just help them and we'll leave." Brynley promised.

"Just give us what we need, and we will do so, happily." Elijah agreed and Brynley nodded.

The three girls were asleep when Vincent walked up to them. Brynley gripped Elijah's hand nervously as Vincent began to chant the spell. "Nettoyer timoun sa a. Nettoyer timoun sa."

They all woke up, their eyes opening and immediately looking for their parents.

"Mommy?" Elise called and Brynley ran over.

"I'm here," Brynley picked her up, hugging her tightly. "You're okay."

Evie wrapped her arms around her father's neck as he picked her up, walking over to Brynley and Elise.

"That's it. Your little girls are purified." Vincent declared.

"Thank you." Klaus said and Elijah and Brynley nodded.

"Now look, the only gratitude I need from any of you is seeing you leave the city." Vincent reminded.

The soulmates placed their daughters on the ground, the sisters running over to each other.

"Are you okay?" Evie whispered to her younger sister and Elise nodded. They both jumped when a dead crow landed on the ground right near their feet, turning to their parents.

More crows began to drop, surrounding the little girls as tears filled Elise's eyes. "What's happening?"

Brynley looked at them in confusion, knowing they weren't doing magic because their eyes or hands weren't gold.

"What is this?" Klaus asked.

"I don't know." Vincent mumbled.

Elise looked at her older sister, who nodded. "I hear it."

"Mom? Can you hear that? It's whispers. Saying a name. Over and over. "Kre Nah Han, Kre Nah Han" Hope told her mother and Evie and Elise nodded.

"Vincent, what is that?" Brynley spoke up.

"It's a nearly forgotten dialect. It's Creole. It means "the Hollow."

"The Hollow is coming."

-

"How is she?" Klaus asked the next morning as Hayley walked downstairs. Brynley was still upstairs with the girls.