18. you'll always have me

s3e22: the bloody crown

Brynley opened her eyes the next morning, finding Elijah looking at her. "Were you watching me sleep? Because that's creepy."

"Maybe," Elijah smirked and Brynley smiled. "Can't help it, you're just so perfect."

The brunette rolled her eyes playfully and looked at the original, who she could tell was deep into his thoughts. "He'll forgive you, you know."

"Eventually." Brynley whispered. "And if he doesn't, you're not alone. No matter who you lose, you're not alone. You have me."

She laid back down next to him as he pulled her closer, her head laying on his chest. "You'll always have me."

Elijah gave her a small smile, cupping her face and kissing her lips. He pulled away when the two heard the cries of their daughter coming from the nursery, the girl trying to let her parents know she was awake.

"Duty calls."

-

Hayley and Brynley, who held Evie in her arms ran into a room quietly and the hybrid ripped out the heart of a vampire that stood in front of Freya, who laid in the ground, panting. "What the hell did they do to you?"

"Poison." Freya groaned.

"Let's get you out of here." Hayley whispered and began to pick her up. A vampire ran into the room but Brynley flicked her wrist, snapping his neck. "Come on. Let's go."

The three, and Evie and Hope, were now in the Kenner apartment. Brynley looked into the compound from the balcony of the apartment, hearing yells in the courtyard and growing nervous.

"The Prophecy is coming true. This is the day Lucien said would come." Freya panted.

"No. There has to be another way out of this. Especially with your magic." Hayley bit her wrist and fed Freya some of her blood. "Here, drink. It won't cure you, but it will help you. Lucien has an antidote to the poison in his penthouse."

"Even if I was cured, the power I used to fight Lucien, it's gone. There's nothing that can stop Marcel now." Freya mumbled and Brynley grew worried.

"There might be one thing."

-

Brynley closed a chest, not finding an antidote to Freya's poison.

"It's not here. I can't find it." Freya mumbled.

"Me neither." Bryn agreed. She looked at Evie, who sat down in a cradle next to Hope.

"Calm down. Freya, think. When you were poisoned before, Klaus stole an antidote from Lucien. It has to be here." Hayley rambled.

"There's no other place to look. If I can't find the cure, I will die." Freya said and Brynley frowned.

The three looked up when the Mikaelson brothers bursted into the apartment, Elijah and Klaus holding Kol up. "Freya!"

Brynley ran over to Elijah, her eyes widening in fear when she saw the bite mark on his arm. "Lijah."

"Don't. We deal with it later." He whispered and Brynley looked at him, a terrified look in her face.

"I am going to die." Kol panted.

"You're not going to die." Klaus promised.

"Now that sounds familiar. Isn't that what you said to Finn and Cami?" Kol questioned.

"Look, Lucien engineered his venom from the seven werewolf packs, so maybe, that's the key to a cure." Hayley suggested.

"Oh great, that's the first piece in a puzzle none of us will be alive to solve. I'm poisoned, Rebekah is hexed, and our brothers are bitten. We need three different cures to three different ailments, each of which could take years to find, and none of us will make it through the day."