12. the workaround

s3e13: heart shaped box

Brynley, Freya, and Elijah, who held Evie, in his arms walked on to the balcony of the compound to see Klaus holding a police officer by his neck, threatening to drop him of the ground below.

"I see we're in for another normal Mikaelson breakfast." Freya sighed and Brynley gave Elijah a look.

"Niklaus, for Heaven's sakes! Release the poor creature." Elijah demanded and Klaus shrugged.

Klaus released the man and he fell on to the floor below, Brynley jumping. "Oh my god!"

"That's not what I meant!" Elijah exclaimed.

"He'll live! And he'll remember to do better." Klaus replied.

"Their humans trying to find an 1000 year old vampire who's a crazy bitch, what did you expect?" Brynley crossed her arms.

"Well, I don't see you doing much to find her and the only thing on this earth that could kill all of us." Klaus glared.

Aurora currently was in possession of the only white oak left on Earth, and she was missing.

"I have Audubon guards looking all over the city." Brynley said and grabbed her purse from a table. "I'm gonna join them, she won't get far."

Elijah gave her a worried look as the fairy kissed Evangeline's cheek, then kissing Elijah. "Elijah, I'll be fine."

Brynley walked out of the compound and down the streets of New Orleans. She was about to enter Audubon park when Aurora De Martel grabbed her by the neck, shoving a syringe into her neck.

-

Elijah let out a sigh as he continued to rock Evie in his arms, who was crying loudly. "Princess, come on, what's wrong?"

Evie just screamed louder, making Elijah worry. "Evangeline."

He bent down and grabbed the butterfly plushie from her cradle, offering it to her, but more tears just ran down the baby's cheeks.

"She's awfully fussy today." Klaus said as he walked into the room.

"And I think I might know why," Elle ran in, holding a piece of paper. "This was found right outside Audubon Park."

Elijah handed Evangeline to Klaus and took the paper from Elle.

How long do you think soulmate magic can save Brynley before she finally kicks the bucket?

"Aurora has her." Elijah whispered angrily.

"I'll send guards all over the city." Elle promised and took Evie from Klaus.

"Elle," Elijah called and looked at his daughter. "Keep her safe."

-

Brynley awoke on a couch of a carpenter's shop, Freya next to her. She hissed at the pain from the burning ropes of fairleaves around her wrists.

"Oh goody," Brynley looked up to see Aurora standing there smiling.

"What did you do to us?" Freya asked.

"I used the same concoction on you that my brother crafted for my... episodes. It's rather effective, wouldn't you say?" Aurora explained and looked at Brynley. "And for you I've practically drowned you in fairleaves, but wow, you are strong! And then we have ropes soaked in fairleaves to keep you from doing any fairy ju-ju."

"A cierta-" Freya began but the witch collapsed back on the couch.

"Freya." Brynley called.

"Oh... Poor dear. To think, Freya, we could've been sisters. Unfortunately, I've spent enough time with witches to know that casting spells requires focus, and focus requires clarity of mind, something you don't currently have." Aurora smirked.