02. our little butterfly

a/n: i feel like bryn would 100% be one of those moms to have a photo shoot every time their child turns one month, two months, so on. so up there is evie at 1 month, im using halston fisher as baby evie. for the record, we're still in the first episode.

It was October 18th, and Evangeline was almost one month old. Elijah and Brynley adored her, and were both sad and surprised at how quickly she was growing. She was always smiling or giggling, always in her mother and father's arms. As for her powers, Brynley had a silver bracelet like her own made and spelled for the littlest Mikaelson, and now baby Evie had it on at all times.

Brynley smiled at Evangeline, who slept in a cradle that was set up in the living room of Mikaelson compound. Freya sat with Hope in the ground nearby, playing when Elijah walked in.

"She's getting bigger by the second, they both are." Freya smiled as Elijah walked over to Brynley, kissed her on the cheek, and looked down at his daughter. "Tomorrow's the full moon. I can help you bring Hope to Hayley, if you'd like."

"That won't be necessary. You deserve a night off." Elijah shook his head as he and Brynley kneeled on the floor to play with Hope.

"I'd offer to accompany you myself, but I fear my fragile ego could not endure the litany of insults Hayley has no doubt prepared." Klaus walked in and Evangeline woke up, her cries filling the room.

"Klaus!" Brynley scolded and gestured to her daughter.

"I got her." Elijah whispered and stood up, walking over to the cradle. He looked down at his daughter, her blue eyes filling with tears before he picked her up, taking her in his arms. "Hello my little love."

Brynley smiled as she watched him and their daughter.

"Yes, I doubt that your presence is particularly welcome anywhere." Elijah corrected as he grabbed the Tinkerbell plushie that Evie was reaching for, holding it in front of her in an attempt to get her to smile, the attempt working.

"My own brother, greeting me with such disdain!" Klaus gasped in disbelief while Brynley stood up and walked over to Elijah and Evangeline. The littlest Mikaelson reached over, and Brynley held up her hand so Evie could hold it as best as she could. "What do you think, Freya? Is he still angry for my part in Hayley's curse and leading Brynley into a trap? Need I remind him it was my ploy that kept them alive?"

"Of course, forgive me. So, you would call this an act of heroism even as you bask in Hayley's torment?" Elijah questioned.

"Or perhaps I'd be more sympathetic if Hayley apologized. After all, it was her that tried to run off with my daughter." Klaus reminded.

"Oh, if you two must poke at one another, may I suggest doing it elsewhere?" Freya requested.

"Let's go, she needs another nap since her Uncle Klaus interrupted her last one." Brynley mumbled and Klaus rolled his eyes before the soulmates walked out of the room with their daughter.

-

It was the next day and Brynley and Elijah stood in the Bayou with Evangeline and Hope near Jackson's old RV. The soulmates had set up a feast for the wolves when they turned human under the full moon.

"Did you put sunscreen on her?" Brynley asked as she reached over for her baby bag with all of Evangeline and Hope's things. The two babies both sat in their strollers near the table filled with food.

"Of course." Elijah nodded and Brynley still took out the sunscreen and applied a small amount to Evie and Hope's faces.

"Never can be too carful, right blossom?" Brynley whispered to her daughter who just babbled and held the hand of her Tinkerbell plushie, that was once Brynley's. Elijah heard someone approaching and walked over to Brynley and the children protectively.

A truck pulled up to the RV, and a man with a rifle strapped his chest walked out. "Hell of a spot for a picnic."

"Yes, if you can tolerate the mosquitoes, it's actually rather serene." Elijah shrugged and held up a platter. "Finger sandwich?"

"Trouble is, you're trespassing. This whole area is now property of Kingmaker Land Development. In two years, it's gonna be golf courses and condos." The man said as two more men walked up to them.

"I take it you're not on the Board of Directors." Brynley spoke up.

"Uh, my team and I are in... animal control. There's been an influx of wild predators. My boss pays, uh, top dollar to wipe them out." The man explained.

"Wild predators?" Elijah questioned.

"Wolves, if you could believe it. Killed a half dozen last night." The hunter informed and Brynley's eyes widened before she turned Evie and Hope's strollers around so they wouldn't see what she knew was going to happen. "Anyway, I'm gonna have to ask you to clear out ASAP."

The hunter went to pat Elijah on the shoulder but Elijah grabbed his arm and twisted it, the bones snapping. The others raised their guns and Brynley raised her hands.

"Bombolla protectora." Brynley whispered and bubble formed around her and the babies as Elijah took out the hunters.

"Call off your men. You leave this place. You find another line of work. No more dead wolves." Elijah compelled one of them.

"I'm just an independent contractor. There are other teams out there. I don't have the authority to-" The man began but Elijah snapped his neck.

"Was that really necessary?" Brynley asked as she flicked her wrist, removing the bubble spell.

"Hayley could be dead," Elijah said. "So I would say yes, don't you think?"

"Daddy is a little evil sometimes, hm?" Brynley whispered to Evangeline and Elijah rolled his eyes.

"Only when it comes to protecting family." Elijah shrugged. "Get our little butterfly and niece home, I'll deal with whatever this is."

"Are you sure? We can call Freya and I can stay-" Brynley began.

"I'm sure." Elijah nodded. "I assume there's going to be a lot of things I didn't prefer you see. I'll meet you at home soon."

-

Brynley sat in a chair in Evangeline's nursery with her daughter in her arms, rocking her back and forth to try to get her to sleep. The littlest Mikaelson just fussed, tears brimming her eyes.

"Come on, Ev, aren't you tired?" Brynley whispered and Evangeline looked up at her, beginning to cry. "No, no, don't cry, I'm sorry."

Evangeline continued to cry and Brynley sighed. She knew that the little girl was just missing her father, she was used to both of them putting her to bed every night.

"I miss him too, Evie." Brynley mumbled. "But it's only been a few hours, he'll be back soon."

A/N: WE'RE BACK!!!!
okay so i took a two week hiatus to get situated with school and im so stressed now but everything will be okay. if i don't update one day, i'm sorry but school comes first and i have really have to be on top of everything because im a junior and will be applying to colleges next year and all that. anyways, only one chapter today bye love you