26. a bond not broken

s4e9: queen death

Elijah groaned in pain as he sat in a circle of salt in a cabin in the woods. He reached for the stake in his bag, letting out a hiss when he couldn't pull it out.

The Hollow walked into the room, smirking at him, "Such a will to live. Wouldn't it be easier to give in? To simply let go?"

"But you can't," She sighed, looking down at him. "Because you know that if you let go, Brynley Fletcher goes down with you. And then who will raise those precious little girls of yours?"

Sitting up slightly, Elijah gave her a dark stare, "Don't speak of my daughters."

"I'm just saying, part of you must crave peace, a moment to rest. The silence of the nothing that lasts forever." The Hollow shrugged.

"Why don't you come a little closer..." Elijah threatened. "And we'll find it together."

"You'll have enough company.. When you die, so, too, does your entire sire line. Along with your soulmate, a powerful Hollis fairy. All that sacrifice that will return me to flesh and blood." She smiled deviously. "All I need now is the last of my remains for the ritual. Your family has done the job of finding them, and they should be coming to me soon enough."

"You can't expect to torment my family and survive." Elijah panted.

"I survived far worse fates than your family." The Hollow shrugged. "I say let them come. They will try to save you from the poison coursing through your veins, and in doing so, they will give me what I want. And as a reward for their efforts, I will let your family watch as you finally die."

-

Brynley panted heavily in her bed as she tried to lift her hand up weakly, wanting to hold her wound. There was a tight bandage over it, but it seemed to just keep pouring blood. Elle and Chase stood next to the bed, looking at them with terrified looks on their faces.

Evie and Elise were in Audubon with Sarah, Chase's wife.

"I know this doesn't help, but she was supposed to have bled out by now," Niki, Elle's wife and one of the best doctors in Audubon, spoke up as she walked into the room with another roll of bandages. "Not even in human terms, in fairy terms, she should've bled out by now. The bond is what is keeping her alive, so that's a plus."

"We just don't know how long it will keep her alive." Liam walked in as well. "If Elijah dies, she dies, but who knows if she'll even last that long."

"Why wouldn't the bond keep her alive until then?" Elle asked.

"Soulmate or not, she's still a fairy, she cannot handle the same amount of pain that an Original body can." Niki explained.

"Klaus called, Marcel doesn't have him." Hayley informed, making her way into the room. She looked at Brynley, and glanced at the fairies worriedly. "How is she doing?"

"She's fighting." Niki mumbled. "She's not gonna be able to fight for long though."

"I'm gonna tell Freya, maybe she can do a spell to find him." Hayley replied.

"So will we." Liam spoke and Hayley nodded before she walked out of the room, Elle and Chase following her.

"He's not at Marcel's." Hayley told Freya in the courtyard of the compound.

"I'll find him." Freya promised as she finished setting up a spell. She closed her eyes, lifting her hands. "Jälgida minu blóo mitt. Jälgida minu blóo mitt."

She opened her eyes, looking at the them. "He's cloaked by magic. I can feel it."

The four turned around to see the jaw bone of the Hollow, that was surrounded by a spell, moving in a circle.