07. so much to be grateful for

^a cute edit i made of evie and elijah 🥰 also if there's anything i get wrong about babies here i apologize i am literally 16 i know nothing about kids ✌🏻✌🏻

s3e7: out of the easy

Brynley stood next to Elijah, Marcel, and Hayley in the attic of the St. Louis Cathedral in front of Freya, who was preparing for a spell.

"So, where is Klaus?" Hayley spoke up.

"When I told him about Rebekah, he said he'd pursue another lead." Freya replied.

"Forget Niklaus." Elijah grabbed a knife and sliced his palm opened, blood dripping into a bowl. "You will find her."

"Now, you sure you got enough ju-ju for a world-wide locator spell?" Marcel looked at Freya.

"She's my family. I won't lose her." Freya promised. "Le six ce strul no cruv. Le six ce strul no cruv."

The blood on the map just spread into a big puddle and Freya sighed.

"Well, so much for witch-GPS." Hayley mumbled.

"I assumed they'd cloaked her. I didn't expect a spell this strong." Freya rambled.

"No doubt conjured by the very witch who lured Rebekah into this trap." Elijah assumed.

"You should all go. I have my work cut out for me." Freya suggested.

"The Strix trust me. If they know where Rebekah is, I can find her." Marcel volunteered.

"There's no time. You need to stop Davina from activating Lucien and Tristan's weapon." Elijah said.

"We need to find Rebekah!" Marcel yelled.

"Marcel, I will not rest until my sister is found." Elijah promised.

"All right. I'll handle Davina." Marcel agreed.

"The Strix can't activate the weapon without Evie's blood." Brynley reminded.

"And they will do anything to get it." Elijah sighed as the two walked out of the church. He wrapped an arm around Brynley, knowing she was afraid. "She stays in Audobon until we figure this out."

"Elijah, tomorrow is Thanksgiving." Brynley mumbled and tears brimmed her eyes. "And we have so much to be thankful for."

Elijah looked down at the floor and Brynley ran a hand through her hair as she spoke, "It's our daughter's first Thanksgiving and she's not going to be with us, she's going to be hiding out. Oh my god, I'm a terrible mother."

Brynley's hands covered her face and Elijah turned to her. "Stop it, you are not a terrible mother. I've never seen someone give so much love as you've given Evangeline."

"Our circumstances are just terrible." He cupped her face with her hands, looking at her tear-filled eyes. "We will celebrate Thanksgiving with our girl, I give you my word."

-

Brynley sighed as she flipped the page of a scrapbook from the first year of her life. A sad smile rose to her face, looking down at the picture of a five-month-Brynley smiling between her two parents. Her finger moved next to her father's face as she thought:

I miss you.

-

"Smile, Evie!" Brynley took a picture of the baby who laid on the ground in a small white dress, giggling.

"Oh my god," Elijah gasped as he walked into the room. He bent down and smiled at his daughter. "Look at you, so beautiful."

Brynley smiled again and Elijah picked Evie up, kissing her cheek. The parents stood up and Elijah looked at Brynley, bringing their lips together. "You look stunning as well."