10. december 25th

s3e9: savior

Another month has gone by, and Evangeline was now three months old. It was now December 25th and Brynley walked downstairs to the courtyard with Evie in one arm and a couple presents in the other. She placed the gifts under the giant tree that stood in the courtyard.

She turned around and her eyes widened when she saw Jackson was a beaten and bruised Freya. "Oh my god, what happened?"

Hayley walked in as well and ran over.

"She got jumped. Three vampires, all dressed like yuppies." Jackson replied.

"The Strix?" Brynley guessed.

"Yeah. She needs your blood." Jackson looked at his wife

Hayley bit into her wrist and immediately fed Freya some of her blood, her wounds healing. "Kind of hard to ignore it when someone needs your help, huh?"

"They took it. The Serratura." Freya admitted. "I was meeting with a witch from the bloodline who built the lock. I was hoping she could help me destroy it, but it's not possible. She said the only way to get rid of it is to use it. We have to get it back and lock something else away. Anything but my family."

"Great. Why don't we pay Tristan a visit and ask him really, really nicely?" Hayley suggested.

"I'm afraid we have a far more urgent problem." Elijah walked in with a concerned look.

"Well, to be fair, I am the prettiest urgent problem you have ever seen." Brynley turned around to see Rebekah, pale but with a smile on her face. Rebekah's smile grew when saw Evangeline in Brynley's arms.

-

"Give me the bad news, Doc." Rebekah told Freya in the living room. Brynley and Elijah standing next to them.

"Aya's stake was cursed. It infected you. As this mark grows, you will go mad. Left unchecked, you will become a relentless, unstoppable Ripper." Freya informed.

"Aya always was thorough." Rebekah sighed.

"The Strix always employ a safeguard. In the event that we were successful at retrieving your body, you were cursed. You see, if one is on a rampage, one is not difficult to hunt." Elijah explained. "Can you fix this, Freya?"

"The spell is carved here. I can... I can reverse it." Freya confirmed. "I just... need some time... and a hell of a lot of magic."

Freya's eyes closed and she collapsed, Elijah catching her before she could hit the floor.

"She was fine. Hayley healed her." Jackson stood up.

Elijah looked down at the wound on Freya's neck. "This scratch is not healed. This is poison. This is an assassination attempt."

-

"She's waking up." Hayley said and everyone turned back to Freya.

"Are you okay?" Elijah asked.

"I feel weak." Freya mumbled.

"Those vampires must have stabbed her with something." Jackson assumed.

"So, the Strix are fond of this slow-acting poison. There is an antidote... If I can get my hands on it." Elijah stood up.

Freya sat up and grabbed Rebekah's arm, looking down at the scar. "For this, I'll need a pure silver knife, some white muskroot..."

"I'll get the knife." Brynley volunteered and picked Evie up from her stroller.

-

Rebekah and Brynley sat in a bedroom, each of them with a baby in their arms. Evie babbled in her mother's arms while Hope sat in Rebekah's when Hayley walked in, Rebekah smiling, "Don't fret! I haven't gone full hellion yet...No more than usual."