13. only innocence

s3e14: a streetcar named desiree

Brynley ran into the compound after hearing that Elijah and Klaus had been taken by the Strix. She entered to see Hayley and Marcel arguing with Lucien next to them, gulping down blood bags.

"I had no idea that Aya was gonna take Klaus and Elijah down! And regardless, why the hell are we trusting this guy all of a sudden, huh?" Marcel pointed at Lucien. "He's the one who ran off with Aurora the first chance he got."

"You can hardly fault a man for following his heart. Yet, the moment she started raving about firing white oak into Klaus, well... Words were said, hearts broken, veins drained." Lucien mumbled.

"You're one to talk about trust, who was it that handed my dead husband's heart to the people that helped murder him?" Hayley screamed.

"I bought your life with that heart. But hey, you know what-" Marcel yelled.

"Both of you, enough!" Brynley shouted, cutting both of them off. "We need a plan, now!"

"We storm the coven house, stop the Strix from completing the de-siring spell. Period." Hayley shrugged

"Okay. Well, that's easy for you to say. You're not sired by anybody, are you?" Marcel asked.

"It's not just about de-siring... We've got to stop an execution." Lucien stood up. "A lovesick teenage witch with a runner-up heart is somehow going to break the sire link? I'm sorry, but your darling Davina is in over her head, and Aya knows this."

"She will let Davina de-sire both brothers, then test the spell's success by firing a white oak bullet into Klaus' heart. I mean, it's win-win for her, if you live, Marcel, we'll, she's won." Lucien explained. "If not, at least she's eliminated the rival sireline, including me."

"His prophecy witch said she saw Klaus die and his entire sireline burn." Hayley mumbled.

"She watched us fall, she watched us burn, every soul Klaus ever turned." Lucien quoted. "When Aya tests this spell, Klaus will fall either way. And, if Davina fails, as she likely will, the two of us will die as well."

"Actually... make that the three of us."

Brynley turned around to see Stefan Salvatore, a smile quickly rushing to her face as she hugged the vampire. "You missed me, didn't you?"

"We all do." Stefan nodded and Brynley smiled.

-

Stefan and Brynley stood in front of a table, looking at a blueprint of the Davilla Estate while Marcel and Lucien stood nearby. "Could use one of these access tunnels to slip into a back room."

"Hmm." Lucien frowned.

"What? Worried about getting a little dirt on your thousand-dollar shoes?" Stefan joked and Brynley smirked.

"Actually, I'll be doing most of the heavy lifting, since the vampires we're facing are, what? Seven times your age?" Lucien questioned and turned to Brynley. "And they'll all be at least a millennium older than you, so I don't you're going to be much help-"

"Esquena." Brynley cut him off, raising her hand before a gold glow surrounded Lucien and he crashed into a wall. The fairy smirked at him. "That wasn't too hard."

"Look, doesn't matter. We're not getting their bodies back. Strix from all over the world are flying in to make sure this spell goes off. They're guarding every entrance and exit." Marcel spoke up.

"Well, you're their leader. Call a meeting. Schedule a retreat. Order them to stop." Lucien listed.

"Nah, nah, nah, nah. I do that, Aya has no problem staging a coup." Marcel shook his head.

"Marvelous. I guess it's on me to come up with our grand plan, then." Lucien rolled his eyes.

Hayley and Freya walked in. "No need, Lucien. Freya figured out a way to get the boys out of the chambre. She just needs a strong enough power source."

"I'd channel Finn, but he's all for letting our brothers perish. So, I'll channel Lucien. The older the vampire, the better the battery." Freya shrugged with a smirk.

"We're going to buy her some time, keep the Strix occupied." Hayley said.

"Wait, so you want me here holding hands with the leftover sister while you take the toddlers and tackle the Strix? You must be jok-" Lucien rambled before Freya flicked her wrist, snapping his neck.

"Good, I was getting tired of his voice." Brynley sighed.

-

"Are we close?" Stefan asked as he, Brynley, and Hayley sat in the back of car that Marcel drove to the Davilla Estate.

"A few more minutes." Hayley answered.

Brynley looked down at her phone, that lit up from a text notification from Elle.

New Message from: Elle
Just took a bath!
+ one photo attachment

"She's adorable," Stefan said, causing Brynley to look up from her phone. "Damon loves her, he's always showing off the newest photo you send of her, saying, 'that's my niece, guys!'"

Brynley laughed, shaking her head. "He's always texting me, asking for more photos. I just wish he would come see her, actually meet her."

"There's a lot going on in Mystic Falls," Stefan sighed and gestured to the photo of Evie. "Does she- Does she go with you two of Elijah goes?"

"No," Brynley shook her head, gratefully. "But we need to fix this. I don't want her to go grow up without her parents, because that- it sucks."

-

Brynley ran into the pool room at the Davila Estate, Hayley following behind. Her eyes widened in fear when she saw Elijah and Klaus floating in pools filled with their blood. She raised hands and snapped the necks of two Strix vampires. Hayley and Marcel snapped the necks of two others.

"Marcel!" Davina yelled.

"I'm sorry, D." Marcel apologized. "We need to get them out of that water now."

"No!" Davina thrusted her hands forward.

"Bombolla protectora!" Brynley screamed as her eyes and hands glowed gold, a gold bubble forming around her while Marcel and Hayley were slammed into a wall.

"Davina...Stop!" Brynley shouted, trying to hold the bubble up as Davina kept pushing magic at her.

"I can't!" Davina shook her head.

"Desperta!" Brynley exclaimed and Elijah opened his eyes in the pool, but Davina didn't notice. He grabbed one of the other witches by the neck and fed on her while Brynley knocked two of the other witches out.

-

"Look who's home," Brynley walked into her and Elijah's bedroom with Evie in her arms.

Klaus's sireline was broken, but Elijah's wasn't.

A smile rose up to Elijah's face as Brynley handed Evangeline to her father. "Hello, my little love."

"Do you think she knows what a day we've had?" Brynley wondered, laying on the bed.

"No," Elijah shook his head. "I like to think that all she knows is everything is good, she knows only innocence."

"Me too." Brynley mumbled and Evie smiled at her. Elijah sat down on the bed next to her and Brynley laid her head on his shoulder.