11. not your enemy

s3e10: a ghost along the mississippi

Brynley and Elijah walked into the study in the compound after dropping off Evie at Audubon with Elle. Brynley took her jacket off and Elijah took it from her hands gently, hanging it on the coat rack next to his.

"How is she?" Brynley asked when Klaus walked in. Cami has died with vampire blood in her system the night before and was now in transition.

"She has just risen from the dead. As soon as she feeds, her mood will change for the better." Klaus mumbled, obviously bothered by the situation. "In the meantime, these attacks need to be answered! Our retribution must be swift, and it must be brutal!"

"For once, I agree." Brynley whispered and Elijah placed a hand on her shoulder comfortingly.

"Agreed. After the Serratura has been recovered." Elijah sighed. "Freya's pendant is also missing."

"And Finn's mystical essence along with it. So let the imbecile stay lost! Our business for today is to finish off the de Martels!" Klaus yelled.

"Okay, calm down," Brynley crossed her arms, looking at the brothers. "Think about this, both fo you. Tristan is trying to activate a weapon that is strong enough to keep three originals locked away forever. To do that, you need powerful witch magic. Regent-type magic."

"Genius, Bryn." Elijah smiled at the brunette. "Vincent."

"Who was once possessed by Finn-" Klaus began to storm angrily but Brynley flicked her wrist, closing the door with her magic before he could leave.

"Stay here. She'll need you, brother." Elijah spoke and Brynley nodded. He looked at his soulmate before glancing back at his brother. "We'll handle this."

-

Elijah and Brynley ran into Lafayette Cemetery. Bryn rolled her eyes and slipped her bracelet on, knowing the ancestors wouldn't allow her in without it.

The soulmates looked over and to see Vincent about to stabbed with a pike. Elijah sped forward and ripped the vampire's heart out.

"Vincent! We should chat." Elijah said, wiping his bloody hands off with a handkerchief. Brynley walked around the boys and grabbed Freya's blue talisman off the floor.

Vincent turned over, his eyes scanning the ground for the necklace.

"Looking for this?" Brynley held up the necklace.

Elijah smiled at her proudly and Brynley looked up at him, a smirk rising to her face.

"Look. I don't know what to tell you," Vincent sighed. "You want your big, bad Serratura, you're gonna have to go after Tristan because he took it with him after he forced me to activate it."

"So deactivate it." Elijah demanded.

"I couldn't even if I wanted to, and just for the record, I'm all done with vampire demands for the day-" Vincent rambled.

"Good thing I'm a fairy." Brynley cut him off.

"Push me and see what happens." Vincent shrugged

"Threaten her again, and you won't want to see what happens. My family's in jeopardy, my own family, you're responsible." Elijah glared at the witch.

"That's on you, man! If Tristan didn't have the pendant, then he wouldn't have any leverage over me." Vincent replied and Brynley held up the pendant. "Great."

-

The three walked into the Mikaelson compound, Brynley and Elijah immediately growing worried when they saw Freya in tears, staring down at a box.