Tips and Tricks for wearing Hijaab

Use Safety Pins.

Ok, so most people use straight pins, but safety pins are ultimately better. They are much safer and you still have a variety of colours to choose from.

2. Wear an Under scarf

Under scarfs a literally a life-saver, especially if you have silky hair that tends to slide out.

3. Polo necks

When wearing thinner scarfs, polo necks are you friend. They cover up your neck and make you less exposed. I wear a thin polo-neck in the summer, and thicker ones in the winter.

4. Cropped Jackets

if you like to wear jackets outside (Denim etc.) then wearing a cropped one works really well. personally, I don't like to have much of my jacket showing under my scarf. Cropped jackets are much shorter, but still stylish!

5. Bomber Jackets

My personal favourite! These jackets are very loose, but still nice. they don't show of my form and are still a good addition to any outfit.

6. High Shoes

Not high heels, but shoes with a platform, combat boots for example, or basketball boots. If your abaya is long, it reduces the risk of you tripping over (Somehow I still manage too though-)

7. Kimono

You may have heard of a kimono Abaya, but I have one that is actually a bit like a coat. Its long, looks elegant and isn't too noticeable.

8. Jilbab Trousers (Sarwal)

these come as part of a 2-piece Jilbab. They are basically like a skirt and trousers in one. For the more active people, these are ideal for skateboarding or scootering.

And that's it for now! These are just a few tips that have helped me over the years, and I hope you find them useful too!

Here's the link for another article I wrote with a compilation of all the places you can buy this stuff. make sure to check it out.

https://muslimahsinspired101.wordpress.com/2021/02/19/10-places-to-shop-for-modest-fashion/