Ask the Original: Trouble Praying

Hey babes!

Welcome to this weeks edition of 'Ask The Original'!

This week, Yasmin asked:

I have trouble praying because I'm usually very lazy and tired. I have a tight schedule and sometimes I don't even focus during my prayers. How can I change this?

Well Yasmin, I can totally relate. I get really tired sometimes, and praying can be hard when your drained of energy! I also have an EXTREMLY busy and consuming schedule, and sometimes concentration can be super hard. So what's my solution to this?

First of all, motivation! Remember, that every prayer you pray, you are thanking Allah for all the amazing things you have. Its a special time where you get to have one-on-one communication with your lord. If you don't pray, its almost like not thanking a person who got you really amazing presents. Almost.

Also, remember, you get REWARD from this action, and this may get you Into Jannah (Insha'Allah). Isn't that the biggest motivator of all?

Secondly, regarding the tight schedule. If you have control over it, try to arrange your schedule around the times of prayer. You can easily find these by looking online. If you leave a 15 min gap for each salah, you'll have ample to prepare yourself and to pray comfortably. If you attend school, you could praying during lunch and breaktimes. or ask your teachers if you can go pray.

Now, about focusing during prayers. Again, remember that it's one-on-one time with your lord. I like to imagine it as an EXTREMELY important interview. I put on nice clothes, spray perfume, spread my prayer mat, and try to find a quiet space. I try to concentrate on each and every ayah that I read, for basic surah (chapters of the Quran) such as Fatiha (The Opener-First chapter in the Quran). I'd recommend learning the meanings of the words, as that really boosted my focus during prayer.

Hope this helped! I find these methods to be really useful, and hope you do too! If you have any further inquiries, or simply need more help, don't hesitate to comment down below. And remember to like this post! And subscribe to my blog!

If you have any questions for this series, post them on my feed, or DM me!