2. Terrorism

Meaning of Some words:

Muslimah: A female Muslim

thobe: ankle-length garment worn by Muslim men. 

Akhi: Arabic word for brother 

Hijaab: The covering of the whole body apart from the face and hands. 

Khimaar: Long cloth that is wrapped around the head. 

Tesco: A British supermarket( lol) 

"such a terrorist"

"go back to your country"

This is what some guy said to me on the street today. Me, an innocent, sassy (yet lovable) Muslim girl. ME.

First of All, I'm already IN my country thank you very much. I'm British, just like you Mr. brown-haired person whose name I do not know (or care about).

The best thing you can really do is pretend you didn't hear and walk away.

I mean, I really wanted to like, uppercut him or something.... But that goes against my morals.... or whatever.

Plus, I'm only like, 5'3, soooo, against some 6- foot giant, I won't really do anything.

It's really insane how much this kind of thing gets said to us. I mean, I've never blown anything up, but this I how I get treated? It's not fair on us to be abused like that because we DIDN'T do anything. It's not RIGHT for us to be blamed for the actions of others. That doesn't happen to OTHER religions.

Take serial killers (first example I could think of, lolz). They can be from any religious background, but nobody highlights this. BUT if it turns out it was Muslim.... We get the most coverage. (we is famous as heck😎)

I think the effects of this are more on Muslimah's.

Muslimah's wear the Hijaab, which is a massive identifier for us. People see out scarves and straight away think "MUSLIM. Holy fricken god, they're gonna blow up Tesco". 😑For men (unless you're wearing a thobe) it's less. They can just slip on a tracksuit and go about their business (aha, but I still see you akhi).

It's really annoying, and traumatizing for us poor women. (well, some of us anyway, but still!)

Now, I can't stop terrorism, or you. But I can ask you to stop, think and take a moment to realize "We aren't the guilty ones". Educate yourself, learn about Islam, and you'll find it's a very peaceful religion.  💖🕋