#MuslimRightsMatter

Hey babes!

Today, we are going to talk about something SUPER important (and no, I don't mean KOTLC). I'm talking about the recent controversy in France.

France has always been anti-hijab, but recently, they've taken it a step further by banning under 18s from wearing it. When I heard this, if I'm being honest, I thought it was a joke (April Fool's you know) but, as we all know, it totally wasn't. I was in shock, how could they do something so blatantly controversial? I mean, they're putting a stop to the very essence of being a Muslimah, our identity! The worst thing is, is that wearing Hijab doesn't cause problems, rather it helps so much.

It protects us from the eyes of men (And we all know that a lot of people struggle with this) and it allows people to see past our faces, and look at us like real people instead of in the way that society looks at women.

Hijaab helps me earn good deeds from Allah without even trying. I don't have people looking at me all the time. It also provides a 'curtain of modesty' and identifies us as muslimahs

Husna

Hijaab gives me security

Bareera

My parents don't force me to wear it, rather I wear it to please God.

Zainab

Hijaab is my identity, I wear it to please god and nobody else. I'm not forced to wear it. If it were taken from me, I don't know what I'd do

Maryam

People see me for who I am when I wear hijaab. I'm judged for my behaviour and voice, rather than what I look like.

Madina

These are what some girls answered when I asked them how Hijab impacted them. These are just a FEW people, I could get hundreds and thousands of people to say similar or the same things.

Now, I want to talk a little bit about the religious side.

Allah (SWT) only does things, so that we as humans can benefit. Allah would never do anything that would cause us harm, or oppression or anything like that.

The fact that people think that we are "oppressed" when we wear it, and the fact that people ban hijaab under the guise of "saving us from oppression" I totally misguided. furthermore, by BANNING the hijab, they take away our rights as muslimahs and are actually oppressing us themselves by doing this.

When people shout at a Muslimah in the street for the covering over her head? That's oppression.

and this issue doesn't just stop at Hijab bans. No, it goes much MUCH further.

Think about those Uyghur Muslims in China. They are being forced to give up their religion, sacrifice their identity, under pain of torture in all terrible forms. How can anyone justify such inhumane acts? People are being treated in such a terrible way because of a religious choice?

How can people treat another human in such a way? We claim to be "modern" and "civilised" but we still do these kinds of things?

Now, think about it. Do you think its fair that France is banning hijaab? Do you think that its right for another human to be treated the way the Uyghur Muslims are being treated?

Tell others about this movement, share this hashtag: #MuslimRightsMatter to show your support and spread awareness. YOU can be the change. Make a difference this Ramadhan.