Offer 1

Forged by hate

"Long live King Fritz!"

A drunk man shouted, earning cheers from around the room. His table consisted of himself and 4 other companions of his. Y/n took a good look at the 5 men. They were adorned in well beyond expensive armour. Specs of blood, along with 2 wings crossing eachother, could be seen on each of their vest plates. The group belonged to the survey corps and had clearly just returned from battle without bothering to clean themsleves.

"Disgusting"

Y/n mumbled to herself before finishing, within a few sips, what was left in her cup of water. While others thought it was strange to go to a pub only to order water, y/n saw no problem in the matter. She wasn't going to get wasted like the fools across her table.
Standing up, she pulled her hood further down to cover more of her face before leaving the male populated bar. She had spent more than enough time here and didn't want to stand out seeing as she seemed to be the only female there.

Upon exiting, y/n noticed there was a poster nailed to the double entry doors.

Soldier wanted!
Gender: Male 
Height: (your height) 
Last seen: The battle of Giana
Horse colour: Black

Above all the information was a well drawn portrait of a hooded figure sitting on a horse with a bow in one hand and an arrow holder strapped to their back.

"Shit"

Y/n cursed at herself. She'd been so careless they managed to get her exact height. She did however mentally pat her back reading they believed she was male.
Not wanting to seem suspicious, she took her eyes off the poster and walked over to where she had tied her horse. She was reliefed to see him exactly where she left him. After all, horse theft was quite common in the area.
Y/n untied her horse before connecting her head with his.

"I missed you Narsis"

She softly spoke, feeding him a carrot.

"Let's go boy"

Y/n pulled herself onto her horse without the use of the stirrups. She had grown so accustomed to riding her horse bareback that she'd forgot the saddle was even there. Whenever she tried to put a saddle on Narsis, he'd throw a huge fit as it was something out of the norm for the two. The only reason y/n decided on a saddle today was the fact she didn't want to stand out or be a possible suspect for the wanted 'male' soldier. She left all of Narsis' armour at home too in hopes of not arising suspicion. Y/n also always covered up where she could too. See her skin wasn't white like all the other soldiers. Far from it. Her skin could be compared to many beautiful things but from a young age, she despised whenever someone opened their mouth to say something about it. Compliment or insult, they were all the same to her. Revolting words.

"chocolate"

Y/n scoffed thinking of this specific word. She didn't view it as a compliment whatsoever. Knowing as her ancestors were literally eaten, the word was far from flattering. It had taken y/n a long time to grow confident in her own skin, no one was going to call her anything of the sort.

Realising her nails were now digging into her palms due to clenching while holding the reins, she softened her grip and sighed realising they had now reached their destination. She got herself down before leading Narsis into his personal den.

"Thank you"

Y/n thanked him as she did everytime they rode. Narsis was a mere 1 year old when y/n had gotten and began raising him. He took a liking to her immediately and vice versa. His jet black skin captivated every human eye including y/n's. From the first day they met, the two have been on adventures only the bravest can go on. Even holding scars to tell the stories. Y/n brushed her hand over the scar that ran from Narsis' left eyebrow down to just below his eye.

"Thank you, Narsis"

She repeated , adding his name at the end. Y/n had always thought she wasn't deserving of his loyalty. No matter the situation, he would always stay beside her, even if that meant disobeying her direct orders.

Leaving him to get some well deserved rest, y/n locked his door and went to get some sleep herself. She was tired despite it only being mid-day. It actually wasn't all that strange considering she had came back from the 2 day battle the poster mentioned. Unlike the men she'd seen in the bar, y/n took the liberty of taking a bath, at the the communal baths, as soon as she arrived in the town. She would always go to there when no one was around instead of paying more money for a place with its own bathtub. This was due to the fact she and Narsis were constantly on the move. They never stook around long enough to get discovered.

What exactly were the two hiding? Simple, y/n was a lone soldier. She hated the idea of working with people only for them to either die or betray her. She'd had her fair share in both the betrayal and death department and she'd rather not let it happen again.

Trust issues, being afraid of creating bonds, call it what you want, y/n wanted no part in it. She'd simply show up at a battle and do what she could before disappearing like she was never there, her identify completely unknown. However, the impact she had on the battle field could not be forgotten. Y/n would have soldiers thinking about her performance for weeks. She was a huge deciding factor on the outcome of a battle. Saying she was amazingly 'talented' at wielding weapons was past an understatement. Dagers, bow and arrow, dual swords, name it. Y/n didn't like to stick with one weapon for a lengthy time period so she'd switch weapons like the survey corps switched formations, which so happened to be quite frequently being under Erwin Smith's command.

"Command"

The word rolled distastefully off y/n's tongue as she layed on her rock hard bed. She'd be dammed if she let anyone give her orders, it was the main reason she fought alone.

"Commander my fucking ass"

Y/n uttered in complete disgust before rising to her feet. She began packing the little luggage she had which consisted of a toothbrush, food including apples and carrots for Narsis, and a necklace given to her by her mother. Y/n planned on making an appearance at tomorrows battle just outside the borders of Shiganshina 2 hours away on horse.

"The usual"

She told herself before slipping back into her bed and pulling the crisp thin sheet over herself. Tomorrow would be another day but usual?

Date: 19/02/21
Word count: 1,182
Edit: 25/08/21
Edit: 03/03/24