Offer 22

I take that back

Y/n looked at herself in the mirror. It was the first day of training camp for the rookies and she was in Hange's room. She'd just finished fitting the scout uniform which was much different to the one a year ago.

"Hange, what's the obsession with all these tight straps? Can't you atleast get it in black for me?"

"Y/nnnnn, what have I told you about being so picky? You'll stand out like a sore thumb"

"I swear this'll be the last time"

Hange raised her eyebrow waiting for the end of her sentence.

"For today"

She sighed knowing she'd give in everytime.

"You'll have to make do with that until I can get a black custom made"

"Hange you're amazing, what would I do here without you"

"Still whining about uniform in your own room. Now c'mon, you don't want to create a bad impression right off the bat by being late"

They both left her room and Hange walked y/n out to the exit. Just as she went to leave through the doors, Hange spoke up.

"Wait, not so fast"

"What's up?"

"Your hood"

oh..

When Hange saw the uncomfortable look on y/n's face, she shook her hands.

"When you're ready to take it off you will. Just know I have Erwin post all the racists at the rear ends and front lines. If anyone dies, it's them"

With her spirit lifted, y/n smiled giving Hange a slap to the shoulder.

"Good to know you've been serving justice while I was gone. I think I can handle a few days without my hood"

She took it off and gave handed it over. Hange waved y/n off with her free hand before heading to Erwins office and letting herself in. He lifted his head to see who entered without knocking.

"Oh, Hange"

Erwin's eyes landed on the hood in her right hand.

"Is that y/n's?"

He was suprised she had left without it but understood it was for the better. This way she wouldn't be scolded or fall victim to bullying.

"I just hope her manners don't get her into trouble"

"There's no reason to worry about that. She might even exceed me in professionalism"

Erwin unknowingly smiled thinking about the time y/n selled herself short infront of the higher ups.

"Did I miss something?"

"Ask when you see her next"

"Y'know you should probably ask her a few things yourself. Get to know her better"

---

Y/n had been stood for an hour now and Shadis had only just finished screaming at everyone.

"We'll begin with balance training for use of the ODM gear"

She recognised the name, it was the new equipment Hange had told her they'd been using the year she disappeared. It confused y/n, how could the scouts hop from tree to tree yet still loose abnormal numbers?