Offer 17

10 days had passed and it was finally time for y/n to leave. With her new tailored armour packed and in her hand, she met Onyankopon just out front. He was stood with Narsis's reigns in one hand.

"You look beautiful"

He complimented her with a smile as an invitation for a hug which y/n glady went in for. Onyankopon then gently let go to give her something.

"A parting gift"

He handed y/n a pair of wrapped swords, she looked at him confused as she had already bought a pair.

"I assure the ones you have won't measure to these"

She smiled and attached it to the rucksack she had packed for her long journey.

"Take this in return then. It's spent long enough with me"

Y/n took off her mother's necklace and placed in Onyankopons hand.

"I can't take this"

He tired to give it back but she stopped him and closed his hand.

"She would want you to have it"

"With me it shall stay then, thank you"

Y/n took the reigns from his hands and turned around with watery eyes.

"I'm going to miss you"

"You talk as thought this is goodbye. Before you know it you'll be lecturing me about my poor technique again"

They laughed as Onyankopon put y/n's hood up for her.

"Maybe if you actually applied my corrections, I wouldn't have to. You're still yet to defeat me in a duel"

"I'll change that the next time I see you"

She slightly squeezed her feet into Narsis and off she rode leaving Onyankopon stood alone with tears brimming his eyes.

"For your sake, I hope you can"

~~~

"Your Majesty, as predicted the scouts will return from battle late tonight. You will still require a personal guard as they will all be tired upon arrival"

"You need'nt kneel, this is all still quite new, but I thank you for informing me. Don't worry about my guard, I've been told I will meet one later today"

"I'll take my leave then Queen Historia"

The informative bowed before leaving the Queen's chambers.

"At least they no longer call me Majesty"

The lady who sat upon the thrown sighed. Just as she relaxed, someone knocked on her door again.

"Come in"

Y/n entered with a well dressed servant behind her.

"Your personal guard has arrived"

The servant bowed mid speech.

"Greetings, I won't take up much of your time with the details but this ceremony will host royals from all over who will familiarise themsleves with eachother. That's a nicer way of put-"

Knowing the real reason for the ceremony, y/n interrupted.

"The people are asking for an heir to the throne. You need to find a Prince and you need someone to protect you as the scouts are currently at war"