Offer 23

For those who aren't getting anything for Christmas, consider this chapter my gift to you. Merry Christmas! 🎅🎄.
_____________

what the hell just happened

Now laying on her bed, y/n still couldn't comprehend recent events. How straightforward Erwin had been. At least now she certain he felt more than just lust for her, and she felt the same. She did but it wasn't as easy for her to express it as it seemed for him. The thought alone of vocalising how she felt embarrassed y/n. Her mouth would simply shut one word in and that would be it. And she knew herself, her words would be unrepresentative of how she truly felt.

should I ask Hange?

The thought was quickly dismissed after realising how irrational and spontaneous the Captain was.

Levi maybe?

He was more reasonable but much more difficult to work with. Y/n sighed knowing she was on her own. She got up and began pacing back and forth thinking.

I can just speak from my heart, what comes out comes out

As y/n fought with herself over her options, an imidiate headache and temperature rise hit her causing her to drop to her knees. She felt as if she was on fire and that her brain was on the brink of exploding. Y/n held her head and squeezed her burning eyes shut but the pain kept circulating. Nothing she tried got rid of the heat rising on every inch of her body nor the intense pounding in her head. She'd had times like this since the night she lost her mother but none near as painful as thuis. Even her clothes started to burn.

I need cold water

The wooden floor caught fire and spread to the rest of the room.

Shit, I need to get out of here

Y/n could hear screams in her head and although her eyes were closed, she could see scenes of that night unfolding again. Something she wished she'd never have to experience or remember again. Y/n cried but her tears evaporated before they call fall.

Struggling to stand up, she collapsed and passed out. The raging fire continued to engulf the room but strangely enough did not spread outside.

---

"It was fun getting to know you all! I hope you look forward to working with me in the days to come!"

The cadets saluted their Captain before leaving her office and heading to the dining hall for their supper.

"I should pay a visit to y/n, I'm sure she's missed me"

Hange happily skipped to y/n's room and knocked on the door. There was no initial response so she let a couple seconds pass before knocking again.

"Hello? Y/n are you in there?"

Putting an ear to the the door, Hange heard sparks then started to smell something burning. As she looked under the door, smoke petruded from the gap making her cough.

"Y/n!"

Trying desperately to open the door, Hange pushed, kicked and shoulder barged but it wouldn't budge. There was nothing she could do but get help.

please please hang in there

She sprinted over to Erwins office and entered without knocking.

"Hange? What's the matter?"

Erwin was already concerned from her distraught facial expression and heavy breathing.