Offer 3

Not wanting to get too close to the enemy, y/n kept her distance from their side of the battle field. They hadn't arrived just yet so this gave her the opportunity to get a little closer than she normally would.

"Is that a..."

Y/n squinted her eyes.

"A pit?"

She asked herself after spotting a huge dip in the ground that was filled with a substance.

Oil from the looks of it.

She could tell the hole was man dug from the unnatural patches. The question she asked was what the enemy stood to gain from digging such a huge hole into the ground. Y/n pondered in thought until it hit her. The fogg, the rain, the hole. Everything clicked. The enemy was planning to use the weather to win like she had suggested.

If even just one line of soldiers fall in...

The enemy may be the enemy but y/n was quite impressed at their well thought out plan. Would the scouts be cleaver enough to figure this out in time? She knew nothing but rumours about the current Commander of the Scouts. Erwin Smith. Known for his decisive and whim lead thinking. Ready to sacrifice how many men it may take. He didn't seem like the type to charge into battle without a plan but how could that plan work if they didn't know the enemy's?

The ground y/n stood on, began to shake signaling the enemy were near.

sight seeing's over

She got back onto Narsis and the pair made their way back to the scouts side of the field. When they were close enough, y/n slightly tugged on her reins letting Narsis know. She'd watch to see what the scouts had in mind first.

~~~

"It's been a while since you've come out to battle, Erwin"

"Yes, it really has been quite the lengthy time period since"

"You recieved word of the solo soldier making an appearance so you personally came out here today"

"Perceptive as ever"

Levi ignored Erwin's words as he turned his head back to focus on the land ahead. He lifted his left arm to signal everyone to halt, and they did just that.

"If he really does make an appearance today, what will you do?"

"What has you so talkative today, Levi?"

Erwin tried to dodge the Corporals question.

"Don't shift the conversation"

Erwin sighed knowing he couldn't get out of this without answering.

"If I make the decision to detain him, the Military Police will most likely try and have him executed for war interference"

Levi nodded his head understanding the situation could go multiple ways.

"Oi Hange, anything out of the ordinary? Mystery boy been spotted yet?"

"Nothing from the rear ends of the lines about either one. Other than this fogg and rain, everything should go accordingly"

Levi nodded once more, beginning to feel raindrops on his forehead before the heavy rain started.

"Not going to give them your daily peptalk?"

He asked the Commander.

"Why don't you do the honour today?"

Erwin insisted. His very small in comparison companion gave him a glare, knowing he couldn't disobey his 'orders'. Levi turneqd to face all the soldiers and Erwin's face slightly scrunched up at the harsh words the soliders received. This was the first battle for many of them and Erwin didn't want their spirits to break so he took over. Once he finished, he turned back to Levi.